Need some help with Pelt Mapping

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so I got the basics done. My problem now is going from Edit Pelt to Edit UVW. Such as, after I have finished stretching, i press the Red X. Then, when I try to do anything to it, such as move / scale / rotate, it fails. As in, will not let me do anything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YOu have to turn pelt off in the Unwrap modifier. That should do the trick.

Best answers
Regarding pelt mapping anyone have any good results? I've tried a few methods but I always end up with pretty poor distortion even after relaxing and manual editing. I seldom use it unless its for head geometry. Hopefully some more work will have gone into the algorithms in the new max release.

Anyhow if anyone wants to share methods please feel free (I've done the discreet video plus alot of other combos regarding this topic :)

gluck

Greg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uvwmapping is healthy showster, just sometimes use the relax map thing aswell, though i had problems with a head once, since the eyes didnt had the right for to skin on, just moved 2-4 vertice and everything was fine.

but i still would reccommend for the head something different to map with.
although its good for clothing.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i tend to just planar map to the relevent plane angles, then hit the relax button, and iron out any remaining distortion by hand.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Planar map ftw :yes:
I tried pelt mapping, it was good but it took more time, im much faster just doing it myself and later on using the pelt.. Basicly the same as Mad_AxMan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom