Need Map Ideas, Your Suggestions = Credit 4 U :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you can probably tell what I need from the name of the thread. Basically, I'm making a map for ESF of the surface of our good ol' Moon. (Yes, the Moon, the thing that was blown up once in DragonBall and once again in DragonBall Z. :D)
But when I sat down to really think about the map, I realized, that of course, the surface of the moon has nothing on it besides craters!
Of course there are going to be craters in the map, but I need ideas of other things to have in it. (Don't suggest really hard things to map tho, I'm a mapping n00b really, this will be my first map I actually finish. :D)
So, if you would like to help, post suggestions. Any of them I like and add to the map, the person who suggested it will get credit for the map when it is presented, and in the readme.
Thanks for reading this, and if you post, thanks for your help!

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
food for thought

try something simple like a Cell Arena on the moon. don't know where your gonna find moon textures, but if you can find a good space background for the sky, make sure you get one with a big earth on it. No lakes obviously cause its the moon. U could get away with making a few mountains and stuff. But still it all should be moon textures and that maybe hard to find.

Best answers
Hmm...how about a spaceship standing around?
and maybe you could get into it...
There's not much on a moon...
I'll think about it...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't worry about finding textures, there's a gravel/sand texture in the esf.wad file that looks very much like the surface of the moon. I'm going to edit it to make different tints of color.
Thanks for the suggestions so far guys! :D

Best answers
what you need is a good old cell arena and a capsule corp space shuttle on the side(landed of course, it could even be a spawn point.:) )

Best answers
maybe make an abandoned underground alien lab, with stuff from moonlandings being studied (eg flags, anything that you could make humorous would be cool)

Best answers
perhaps you could have big rocks floating in the air that blow up, i have seen maps with that & i think it should be like a capsule corp. spaceship (wich was suggested before) if you know how you could make it like the area in the spaceship is bigger then it looks from outside so some people could fight in there witout being nocked up and down & you could make some large rocks but i dont think you want anything on the moon that just shouldnt be there like a cell arena :S but that just my opinion its all up to you :]

Best answers
:idea: :idea: :idea:
I've got an idea...
What about you make the spaceship Goku flew to Namek with?
That one where Goku and Vegeta trained in...
It was red inside...know what I mean?
You could make it big, so that people can fight in there, too?

Man, I'm too good:cool:

Keep it up, guy

Best answers
I ain't sure if you'll be able to do it but...

Maybe make a blackhole that generates you somewhere... Could be very cool!!! :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of these ideas are very good. I was thinking of making the space ship goku went to Namek on, I'll try to add that or something like it to the map. But for now, I am having a major problem with ESF, and I am trying very hard to isolate and fix the problem. So unfortunately, this has halted my work on the map but I am working on the problem! :D

Best answers
Ive already got the capsule no. 8 spaceship in my new namek map! But you cannot go inside, so this is your task! ;)
but it will not be that easy cuz the capsule no. 8 is round and YOU got to hollow it...
I think I should post some picz cuz in last days more and more ppl post ideas, which I had too!
and I am afraid that Ill be the pretender in the end.
but thats not the topic of this thread, go on.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though I'm not a mapper, I do knwo a few things that are generally not good ideas ;P If you're going to do the capsule corp. ship, make sure you hollow it by hand :p Not with a utility or you can kiss your r_speeds goodbye :p

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
You can make some meteorites hanging in the air or falling on the ground.

Best answers
but that sand texture you used for the moon ground isnt edited right now, is it?
Cuz it doesnt really look like moon surface at the moment! :)
you gotta make it greyer.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The sky looks the way it does because that's the way the sky looks in Worldcraft. My computer and ESF just can't seem to live in peace, and I'm getting one error after another, and I can't get the map to run, thats why I had to take the pics in Worldcraft.
And no, I haven't edited the moon ground texture yet, still gotta do that. :D

Best answers
You could do sumtin funny like every 10 minutes metorites fall from the sky and if you get hit you die. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finally I get to post on this thread.
For some reason it wouldn't load up the reply thingy before.
Anyway...

How about adding a bunch of cliffs. And in the center add this
giant "bowl" or crater with a saiyan space pod on the edge of one of the
cliffs as well.

Or not, make the Arlion Races Home planet (I think it was called
Arlion... or was it alion...) Anyway its the race of "Bug People"
that Nappa and Vegeta took out on the way to Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom