Need Mac apps.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Does anyone know of a good windows emulator for macs? Something i might be able to use to play esf mayb. Also i need some kind of mac equivalent of virtualdub. Anyone have something like this?

Best answers
A Windows emulator for a Macintosh? I've actually never heard of it. My advice?

Use your iMac to open up iBrowser so you go on the iWeb in order to access iGoogle so you could get an iWindows.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My bro uses Microsoft Virtual PC on his iBook. As it's the only Windows emulator I've ever tried, I'd suggest reading up about it, though, I must caution you, unless you already own a copy of the installation disks for XP, Virtual PC can get fairly pricey. They sell two versions: one includes XP, while the other version (the cheaper one) is essentially the same thing without an installer for XP.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I tried virtual pc with xp, didnt work out. I could run half-life and other stuff but it was so slow i cant imagine using it for something besides wordpad and solitare. I could probably run esf with it but games are pretty much unplayable, and openosx wintel sounds the same, I was wondering if anyone knows of something better thats out there?

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're really not going to find anything for the mac that emulates wintel platforms fast. Macintosh PC's use a Motorola chip which is fairly tame (up to the G5) compared to Intel/AMD stuff. Plus, anything with floating point math suffers because of Mac's RISC architecture. RISC is fast, but bad for crunching numbers because of how assembly language works. Why does this matter to you? Because polygons are drawn with floating point math. MULT vs ADD 10 times, Macs for the lose.

Best answers
Apple made a deal with Intel, this will boost mac's compatibility with wintel platforms.. All future macs will have the intel chipset.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now that newer Macs will run off of the Pentium 4 architecture, I agree, but he's probably not running a P4 in his mac.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yea im not, it matters to me mostly cause i have 2 friends that want to play esf, yet they own only macs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom