need info on 2 animes

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i stumbled upon a website offering full box sets for some of the more popular anime for alot cheaper than the usual 100$+ price tag most anime box sets carry.

obviously they arent 100% official copies, given the quality of 1 of the episodes on the berserk box set i purchased from them a while back, BUT its about the same quality as a high quality VHS tape, (not quite dvd but close), so its not a huge problem,

these arent simple burnt dvds however, dont get me wrong. they come with really fancy packaging and actual dvd's, not dvd-r's with stickers on top

however thats not what this post is about, I was just explaining the "backstory", no need to debate the legalities of it. I will not post the link to the site, so everything SHOULD be just fine.

what this thread is about however, is about 2 seperate animes and whether or not you think they are any good. Like the title states, i dont want to be stuck with a crappy anime series.

the first up is trigun, i know its a fairly popular title, and I myself have seen a few episodes of it. which is what prompted me to buy the box set in the first place BUT i need to know exactly how many episodes there are, to make sure that i dont screw myself over and order an incomplete set. (it says it has them all but 26 sounds a bit short, i coldve sworn it was longer than that

the second is one that drew me in with its art style, Gungrave, that and the main characters guns look awesome =P. Need to know the same thing as the above, the exact # of episodes, (the site claims it also has 26 episodes) and also on a scale of 1/10 what youd personally rate it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trigun has 26 episodes;

Episode 01: The $$60,000,000,000 Dollar Man
Episode 02: Truth of Mistake
Episode 03: Peace Maker
Episode 04: Love and Peace
Episode 05: Hard Puncher
Episode 06: Lost July
Episode 07: B.D.N.
Episode 08: And Between the Wasteland and Sky
Episode 09: Murder Machine
Episode 10: Quick Draw
Episode 11: Escape from Pain
Episode 12: Diablo
Episode 13: Vash the Stampede
Episode 14: Little Arcadia
Episode 15: Demon Eye
Episode 16: Fifth Moon
Episode 17: Rem Seiburem
Episode 18: And Now, Goodbye
Episode 19: Hang Fire
Episode 20: Flying Ship
Episode 21: Out of Time
Episode 22: Alternative
Episode 23: Paradise
Episode 24: Sin
Episode 25: Live Through
Episode 26: Beneath the Wide Blue Sky

I rate it 8/10, it has good action, humour and characters and a passable story. I felt it lacked a certain epic feel that other animes (NGE, Eva, DBZ) have but that's a gripe given the final few episodes. I'd reccomend it.

Can't help you with Gungrave though, sorry. I heard it made a pretty sweet game though.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i saw screenshots of it, reminded me too much of nanobreaker to get very excieted.

Im probabaly wrong though =P, ill pick it up somewhere if the anime is any good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get Trigun, you won't regret it. It's got tons of humor and interesting characters that'll grow on you in no time. :3

Don't know much about Gungrave. I've played the game, which was okay (it's nothing like Nanobreaker though), but a cousin of mine saw some of the Gungrave anime episodes and he said he liked it, if that helps any. x3

So yeah. Trigun is a classic. I rate it an 8/10 also.

Best answers
Gungrave is amazing. 26 episodes is right.
It's a very serious anime, no silly anime humor or anything like that. The plot and characters are both superb though. It's my favourite anime, so I feel inclined to rate it 10/10. The only downside is that occasionally the animation can be a little shoddy, but it's rare that you can notice it.

Oh, and I'll warn you that the anime is nothing like the game - so you'll not necessarily like one if you like the other. The games and the anime don't even follow the same story.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Get both mate, there both great animes.
Any chance you can PM me this website address so i can check them out...um, for you! <.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom