Need help

Best answers
How do i make people admins to my server??

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're not using a serverside mod, you just make and give out an rcon password.

If you are, then it depends on what serverside mod you're using. All I've seen have full documentation telling you exactly what you need to know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't know, then you probably don't have one installed. A serverside mod is something like AdminMod or AMX Mod. They use Metamod to add better management and functionality to servers. Google either of them to get more information.

Best answers
Thank you for your time and thanks for the help

Best answers
Well i need 1 more thing i tried to do rcon and password and it didn't work so i must have mod Because it say password incorrect and i know its right

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Every time you double post, a moderator kills a kitten. ;_;

You're doing this on a dedicated server, right? I mean, there's no point in setting an rcon password for yourself on a listen server, since you've got console access while you're ingame...

Best answers
Ya im try to give some one Admin for dedicated server

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then on the dedicated server command prompt, type rcon_password PASSWORD. That sets the password. Then any client who knows the password types the exact same line in their console, and they can use any traditional command as long as they preceed it with rcon. (e.g. rcon changelevel esf_cell_games, rcon sv_gravity 300, and so on)

Make sure you type the password exactly as it's set on the server, though. Case probably matters.

All rcon does is essentially give you the power you have when you're sitting at the dedicated box, and no more. Serverside mods add all that fancy stuff like slapping, map voting, etc.

EDIT: Check out this site. I recommend it to just about everyone who posts here with a problem. It's very helpful. Here's their page on rcon, which is basically everything I just explained.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your sig said:
Clan Server 192.168.1.102:27015
Come play with us
No one's going to be able to join you with that IP address, heh. Read this HLDS 101 page, or this post I made earlier to explain why. That's the internal address of your server computer on your local network. Go here to get your external IP address. That's what you hand out to people.

And no problem. 'Tis what I do. =)

Best answers
Know the reason people cant get on right now im on that computer right now i had 10 people on just min ago i going to get off this computer in like few more mins

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure what you're saying in that last post. =/

People can join your server because they see it listed on the Steam servers, but if they go to their favorites list and paste the IP you have in your signature, they're not going to see your server.

You connect using that IP, but no one outside of your local network (everyone else and their mother) does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom