Need Help with Server.

Best answers
Hi, how do I start a server? I start creating one and it quits at precaching files I think, it wont even finish starting. I've downloaded HL Dedicated server thing but I cant use it for esf..

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
himm some easy steps:

1) Run HLDS once without any mods. Make shure everything runs fine.
2) copy and paste your esf folder from
c:\path\to\steamapps\[email protected]\Half-Life\esf
to
c:\path\to\steamapps\[email protected]\dedicated server\esf
3) then when you start up, check to see if everything runs.
(NOTE: DONT EVER JOIN YOUR OWN DEDICATED SERVER ON THE SAME COMPUTER)

Now if you have gotten that far you have probally messed with liblist.gam or some other settings. If you have, then you should have been smart and created a backup. (always backup)

If its something else I dont know you have given so little information that I am almost shure you have no clue what you are doing.

Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
(NOTE: DONT EVER JOIN YOUR OWN DEDICATED SERVER ON THE SAME COMPUTER)
I've seen people who make go their games on computers that they made the server with? How can I do that?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is diffrent, its called a "listen server". Just start up esf normally and click create server. This isnt dedicated though, once you exit the server goes down.

Best answers
2 things.

1)For Dedicated server: I did what you said and it starts, but nobody joins and its not found on server list. I didnt put a pass on it or make it an exclusive world area or anything like that.

2) For listen server, half-way through the loading it quits, usually at precaching resources I think.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K, just something to say.

I dont think your connection is a good one to be hosting on, most likely you have small upload wich isnt good for running a server. If you dont know, just google it.

second sv_lan 0 is your friend. If that doesnt work find out how to get into your firewall and open port 27015. Dont ask me how, I have given way too many explinitaions on how to open a linksys router. www.google.com will help you, or if you ironcally have a linksys router, search for it inside thiese forums.

Plus its been a while since I had to use a linksys router, I dont have one to mess with at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom