need help with map sizes

Best answers
im still pretty new to mapping, and i acnt seem to get my map to be the right size for what im trying to do. and i was wondering if the size of the "info_player_start" entities were relevent to the size of the character in game. becuase i made a house and made it have some breakables and a door that u have to find the button for before it will open (but u can also just bust in through the window which is more fun :laff: ) the house actually looks like a house BUT, it looks like king kong might live there because of how over sized i made every thing :\ please help me any help at all is appriaciated :yes:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
An info_playerstart is exactly the height of an average esf model. Use that to compare your map with the player size.

Best answers
cold steel said:
An info_playerstart is exactly the height of an average esf model. Use that to compare your map with the player size.
That's true, but you can have different info_playerstart's in your entity list. Because of the different games/mods.

So what kind of game/mod are you using for you rmap..?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Info_Player_Start is for regular HL player size. Info_Evil_Start and Info_Good_Start is the correct size of ESF players. Those are the only other spawning entities.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You might want to check again, Optional. The Info_Player_Start is the same size as a good/evil_start. Same goes for a info_player_deathmatch, all those entities are the same size.

Recently i made a little beachhouse, and i used an info_player_start to get the scales right.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You sure about that? I have my Hammer open, and it shows the Player_Start quite a bit larger than Evil_Start. Bah, whatever - it doesn't really matter that much. My Hammer is probably messed up; it always is.

Best answers
im practicing make n esf maps in my free time :laff:, nothing that would be released for a while beacuase the current versions would make you all point and laugh hysterically o_O

btw: thanx for the info, im resizing my maps now :)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
You sure about that? I have my Hammer open, and it shows the Player_Start quite a bit larger than Evil_Start. Bah, whatever - it doesn't really matter that much. My Hammer is probably messed up; it always is.
Hammer allways has been messed up... ;)

Best answers
HeadAche said:
im practicing make n esf maps in my free time :laff:, nothing that would be released for a while beacuase the current versions would make you all point and laugh hysterically o_O

btw: thanx for the info, im resizing my maps now :)
Why not show us some screenshots, i won't laugh! I am a noob 2.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
diesel_power said:
Why not show us some screenshots, i won't laugh! I am a noob 2.
You're not a noob Diesel. I've seen your work, and you definietly have exceeded the title of noob by now. Post some screenshots of your mansion allready. ;/

Best answers
cold steel said:
You're not a noob Diesel. I've seen your work, and you definietly have exceeded the title of noob by now. Post some screenshots of your mansion allready. ;/
Hehe okay okay, I will see what i can do. Because I'm trying out some new technic's. And I must say, I think I'm going to redo the mansion. But don't be sad now :p I wil go as fast I can.

grtz and a hand for cold_steel :)

Best answers
cold steel said:
LOL

i tried to comple the maps to show a few screen shots and it wouldnt complie correctly... after fixing all of the errors that i had created I still couldnt run the map :( its either too big for my laptop ((which is were i made it)) or i need to include some thing some were... (( its compiling fine but the bsp for my map isnt showing up in the maps folder of my esf folder.

yes i have the files going to the right file folders :\ im not that noobish :\ do you think its a fixable error? or should i email the map files to my other computer and try and run it from there (( would have done that in the first place because my parents try and keep me off of there computer as much as possible)) o_O

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You forgot to insert a the al famous info_player_deathmatch entity.

Best answers
:\ nope i have like 20 of those :\

thats why im sooo confused
;/

173 solids
1052 faces
69 point entities
10 solid entities
25 unique textures
texture memory 2.15

env_model (palm.mdl) x 8
func_breakable x 7
func_wall (prefab emergancy light) x 3
info_evil_start x 10
info_good_start x 10
info_player_deathmatch x23
info_player_start x2
info_dragonball x14
info_senzubeanbag x 2

any 1 see anythin im missing?

:cry:

**EDIT**

these are the wad files i used

esf.wad
mysticssjgoku4.wad
half-life.wad
lookout.wad
sdbzwad.wad

O_O i also found an error i over-looked privously
i get the error " Solid entity[func_wall] is empty

o_O uuuummmm... can some 1 translate that plz? :\

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You deleted a brush that was tied to an entity. Delete the entity from the entity list, and it's solved.

Best answers
i couldnt figure out what the entity was so i just re-did every one of my entites tied to something.

heres how the map looks right now ( its also larger than it was the last time i posted by 1/2 a mega bite )

env_model (palm) x 8
func_breakable x 7
func_illusionary x 14
info_player_start
info_player_deathmatch x 23
info_evil_start x 10
info_good_start x 10
item_dragonball x14
item_senzubeanbag x 2

171 solids
1040 faces
68 point entities
21 solid entities
29 unique textures
texture memory 2.54 mb

im gonna take some screen shots now :) it looks decent in my opinion o_O but i made it so i guess my opinion doesnt count huh?? lol

**EDIT**
still cannot run the map from my laptop (crashes once i spawn the map is too big for the laptop i guess o_O i should have something to show by tomarrow after noon if my parents let me on their comp )

Best answers
Where I get those wad's ?
mysticssjgoku4.wad
lookout.wad
sdbzwad.wad

Where i got those ?
I most need lookout.wad

I dont need them.. found them all in some map packs....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could of opened a listing of entities (one of the toolbars - don't remember which exactly). Go to your listing of Func_Walls, hit select for each, and the one that does doesnt select anything when you click on it is you messed up entity.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i had that ones, the only thing i did is putting it in c:sierra/half-life/valve/map
i could be wrong though.

Best answers
i didnt feel this needed a new thread as most of it had been answered.
Can i just ask about the Dragonball entity size? Its huge compared to my info_good_start etc..
Btw, That sticky up the top "The big thread of mapping" Needs some changes as most of the links are down for me? dunno about other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom