Need Help with hulls file

Best answers
Ok I know there are alot of threads that they explain how to use it. But I don't understand all of those pages(There sometimes feels like spaming pages). All I am asking is what do I need to put in the parameters of the CSG when I want to compile.

Note:

I tried the following.
  • -hullfile hulls.txt
  • -hullfile c:\program files\games\half-life\esf\hulls.txt
  • -hullfile c:\program files\half-life utilities\valve hammer editor\tools\hulls.txt
  • -hullfile -c:\hulls.txt

But they all give the same error

CSG error
Usage [-nowadtexture]....

Need help please. I got this awsome map and need to compile it correct for the best gameplay

Disabled the smilies for ya ~!XxShAdOwxX!

Best answers
Sorry for dubble posting, but I did not mean to make that facies

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you hit edit you can edit your previous post. And to get your smileys off, just scroll down and click the little checkbox that says "Disable Smileys".

I would suggest not using hammer to compile and try using another program. Try one of the following:

Nem's Batch Compiler
ZHLT GUI
HLCC

If you'd really like to use Hammer to compile, check out this tutorial on setting up your compiler (at the very bottom).

Use the edit button instead of double posting.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use HLCC It's really simple...Don't use Hammer's compile it's really bad and I don't know how to use it... HLCC Is like the easiest.

Best answers
What sould I type in HLCC and also where sould I type it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use Nem's Batch Compiler. I wrote a tutorial on setting up the compiler and entering information about Hull file as well. The tutorial is called "Valve Hammer Overview"; it is under the sticky called "Mega Thread of Mapping". It is a few posts above this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom