Need Help with Graphics Card

Ravage.Crash

R
My computer is an HP and came with a lame "intel extreme 2" graphics card ...i have $60 to my name and i want to use it to buy a good graphics card that can atleast play games like CSsource and hl2 smoothly with out lagging or crashing
SPECS of my comp:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.40 GHz
480 MB of RAM

any suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravage.Crash said:
My computer is an HP and came with a lame "intel extreme 2" graphics card ...i have $60 to my name and i want to use it to buy a good graphics card that can atleast play games like CSsource and hl2 smoothly with out lagging or crashing
SPECS of my comp:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.40 GHz
480 MB of RAM

any suggestions?
Unfortunately, it's not that easy. $60 doesn't go far with computers. But... download a program called CPU-Z, click on the motherboard tab, push control + print screen, then go to MS Paint and paste the shot there, and then save as a .jpg. Then upload it and post it here. Let's see if you can even get a 'decen't card in there.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I say start saving because if you buy the cheaper cards, new ones are going to come out more expensive.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I gave him my 5200. He plays CS: S perfectly with it, so I think he'll be happy for a long while unless he makes a career out of gaming.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I gave him my 5200. He plays CS: S perfectly with it, so I think he'll be happy for a long while unless he makes a career out of gaming.
You two know each other personally 0_0? (I know a casual user of the forums).

You might want to try saving for a decent gfx card. A AGP Geforce 6800gs would be good for someone like you - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130264
If you can save some money up, I would buy a Geforce 6800GS. I myself am looknig at buyying a 6800gs to breath some life into my aging system & then later on down the track upgrading my mainboard (Asrock 939 Dual sataII, has a pci express slot & an agp slot) & a new processor (ethier a a64 or Opteron 939 processor). The good thing about the 6800GS cards aswell, is that they can have there pipes unlocked & you can clock it to a 6800ultra with ease (the agp models atleast, with pci express models usaully reaching higher clocks if overclocked).

Walmart Security said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814170092
(I have an Albatron Mobo, its a good company inspite of not being popular)
I'd advised not to buy that card, it's 64bit bus will hold it back.

Best answers
Oops, I didn't see the 64bit bus, my bad. Anyway, I think his issue is solved, thanks to Zeo. I say, why bother gettin him a card if he already has one that meets his needs, problem solved, again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saiyan_Overlord said:
You two know each other personally 0_0? (I know a casual user of the forums).

You might want to try saving for a decent gfx card. A AGP Geforce 6800gs would be good for someone like you - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130264
If you can save some money up, I would buy a Geforce 6800GS. I myself am looknig at buyying a 6800gs to breath some life into my aging system & then later on down the track upgrading my mainboard (Asrock 939 Dual sataII, has a pci express slot & an agp slot) & a new processor (ethier a a64 or Opteron 939 processor). The good thing about the 6800GS cards aswell, is that they can have there pipes unlocked & you can clock it to a 6800ultra with ease (the agp models atleast, with pci express models usaully reaching higher clocks if overclocked).
Good card + bad system != good system.
I'd advised not to buy that card, it's 64bit bus will hold it back.
64bit memory bus on a graphics card will hold anything back =P.
Very nice thing to do, Zeonix. You've ended this thread with a high note =).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom