Need help with a func_door.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lately me and dieselpower are creating a cs/hl map together. But atm we are facing something diificult. We can't figure out how to create a func_door with transparent glass in it. It would require to tie two entities to one object, wich is rather impossible.

Any suggestions? We know it's possible since we've seen it in hl, plenty of times.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just put the glass where it would be on the door (but don't group them), then tie the door brush to func_door, fill in it's properties, then tie the glass to func_door with the SAME properties as the door itself. Same speed and things like that. Be sure not to group them afterwards. Then compile, run, test and voila. :D

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, I sort of figured that one out, before Optional even posted. I had a good nightrest, wich helped me out.

Best answers
yah... mapping is starting to get tricky, take a look at doom 3, some of the stuff you could do easily on halflife you would have to use scripts and what not in doom 3, you cant have 2 doors named the same thing either. so you what to have like a trigger multiple or something like..... never used any of the trigger_ entities

Best answers
It's a sort of Entity coded in c(++). Srry i helped u a bit, and it's a sort of test reply ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom