[ Need Help Playing ESF Online ]

Best answers
Dear members on this forum,

i am new on this forum, just registered on here becouse this is the official website community ESF.
So the problem is, in the past i played ESF, But only LAN Mode !
I Never knew how to play online with other players without lag or stuff like thad.
Does anyone have a ' Step Idea how to start? What i need etc?
If you could help me i appreciate your help 100%! ( I Love Dragonballz ) and ( ESF ) even if its oldskool!

Cheers, ! i will have an eye on this topic here and there XD!

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Naturally, you can't play without latency unless you're the host. So you better select a server that's (geographically) close to your location.
Just fire up the server browser and select a server.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also helps if you set the server browser to sort the servers by ping starting with the lowest ping and going to the highest. The lower the ping, the smaller the delay.

You can calculate the delay in the following way BTW. 1 second delay = 1000 ping

Best answers
Wow, thad was a fast Reply! Yea now i understand it! thanks allot i will try doing thad :) the ping is important becouse of the lag fluctuations.
-
But any idea what patches you need to download? or does it not matter thad much wich patch you use?

Again Thanks for the reply helped allot!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well the one people are playing is ESF 1.2.3

There is a full install of it. Ofcourse you also need Half Life 1 updated and in your STEAM games list if you want to play online, since thats the only way to search for servers. There are some issues with HL1s latest update though, so you have to opt for the beta update in the STEAM game properties in order to get the mouse working correctly and some stuff like that.

Those issues are caused with HL1 being ported to linux BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom