Need help on customizing an Invision Power Board, anyone?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah so.. I can't figure out how to make a forum *look* exactly as I want it to look. If only it were as simple as using paint or whatever to fill in the blank spots, but yeah.. unfortunately it's not.

So my question is...

Can anyone here help me make or customize a skin for an Invision Power Board?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Yeah so.. I can't figure out how to make a forum *look* exactly as I want it to look. If only it were as simple as using paint or whatever to fill in the blank spots, but yeah.. unfortunately it's not.

So my question is...

Can anyone here help me make or customize a skin for an Invision Power Board?
You could ask me :)
http://forums.ifskinzone.net/index.php?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It depends on the version. I haven't worked with any current IPB versions for a long time. The current versions shouldn't be that complicated to customize.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We're using Invision Power Board 2.2.0 and I have no idea where to begin.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you could make test skin by downloading the forums default skin and reuploading, making it hidden to the public. It takes along time to get customize a whole look of the skin, or even a month if you're trying to customize the layout too, highly detailed. You may need someone who knows a lot of CSS and all that fancy shaz. I'm just good editing the skins files.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I mean.. I just want to make the forum say, green and white, maybe a slight texture in the background. How hard is that? Do I still need to know CSS and HTML and whatnot for that?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah you still kinda have to know some CSS and HTML to edit the skin files, but luckily, Invisionize has something that I think will make use.

http://tools.invisionize.com/hosted/index.php?tool=BoardSkin

It colors the skin and texture without you editing each line by one but its only the default skin so I don't think it matters. Only one problem is that it just only changes the color instead of blue, you can get a green and such. You can desaturate it, make it bright, darken it a little, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome, I'll give that a try. Thanks man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom