need help, bones and crap

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to be the guru when it came to adding bones, but apparently i forgot a step >_>

(im going to murder someone with a screwdriver if i cant figure this out)

now what i want to do is add tail, ear and some dummy bones for some alpha planes inside of a model. (the project will remain secret until release, but trust me, you will bow to it)

what im fairly sure i used to do is create the bones in milkshape, ignoring the automatic skeleton adjustment. and then pasting back in the original bone values via-text editting.

or pasting the new bone data into the old .smd file,

but neither of which is working, and is doing the exact same thing with either method,

the tail bones themselves are staying intact, but it seems the pelvis bone itself is being rotated when I create the new bones, so when i create anything new off of it, it rotates that as well when i snap the bones back to the original position. (i think)

I used to do this all the time, (i think i added 28 bones to skiwans gohan model >_>). So im fairly sure im doing right, just forgetting a step along the ways.

can anyone tell me, or help me figure out what im doing wrong

Best answers
You have added the extra bones to the Reference .smd's, but the Sequence .smd's fail to acknowledge these extra bones and it somewhat confuses them, which is why they go berzerk like that.

I think there's a way to make the sequence .smd's acknowledge these bones, every single one must have them. Now, you can import the reference .smd, turn the ANIM button on, import the sequence smd, click on No when prompted and export as the .smd was called originally. This might take a long-ass while.

I think, tho, there is something that makes those bones attached to the sequence smd's automatically (once the model is compiled?).

If I were you, I'd PM Kenny-DK. He once added Hair bones to Kreshi's SSJ4 Vegeta and it worked out wonderful. If you chose to do it manually, however, (the import-export thing), you might screw up and get names mixed up due to the constant boring and desperate clicking. D: In other words, you might as well get confused and screw something up.

Hope I helped even a bit. D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
meh its also been a long time for me since i did that but well afaik adding the bones trough text in the reference smd always worked for me o_O
you could add them scratch or by copying the smd , adding the bone and just copy/paste the data on the added bone to the other smd.
thats how i did it and it always worked o_O

meh guess i wasnt such a big help but meeeh xD

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes just pasting the data doesnt do the job and you gotta do it by hand (guess the numbers)

I did figure out the order though: Y - Z - X

Nuttzy, try adding one bone at a time and see how it goes =o

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats what iwound up doing, except this time i created an extra dummy bone for the base of the tail. so that i coud easily just manually edit this bone instead of each one individually to get the tail back in place.

those bone coordinates are a pain in the ass >_>

Best answers
this is what i do first i have the normal skeleton and i put it in animation mode then i set the keyframe on the normal skeleton then i copy that key frame and then i add the bone after exiting animation mode then i go to animatiion mode once a again and paste the keyframe and the bones will go back to normal exept the new added bone u have to adjust that one and once im happy with the skeleton i export it as a sequence.smd then just start a "new" and inport the skeleton before the model. this should work soooooo goodluck :D i found out how to do this when i was playing around with svs gohan adding mouth bones just for fun dont be mad at me ><

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom