Need for Speed 2008

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A teaser was released yesterday by EA Games - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xv3g-npdhg

Here's what I found at Wikipedia:

Currently, little is known about Need for Speed XI, and nothing is for sure. According to early rumours, it will include some of the things not included in Need for Speed: Carbon, such as drag racing. It is also said that it will feature advanced graphics, with special attention given to the next-generation graphical capabilities of the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360. The game engine will be built from scratch as opposed to refining an older engine, and suitable for today's fast systems. NFS XI will also transition from the arcade-like racing of previous titles in the NFS series to more realistic racing, making a hybrid of the two. The rumours also suggest that Autosculpt from NFS: Carbon will be back and improved.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_XI

I'm usually not interested in the Need for Speed series since it started focusing on either outrunning the police or compete in street racing. The only Need for Speed game that I liked out of the whole series was Need for Speed 2. I'm hoping that this next installment will be more like the first two Need for Speed games.

Best answers
ERM, pretty sure it's 2007...according to ign.com

wtf do i know?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's called NFS Legacy Beach , and it will be released on 30 May .
Not according to the information I found:

Need for Speed XI (NFS XI) (unofficial title) is expected to be the latest installment of Electronic Arts' popular racing game series Need for Speed. It is expected to be officially announced sometime this spring. A recently published teaser trailer on the official Need for Speed website suggest that more information will officially be revealed on May 31.
On May 21, 2007, EA released a teaser trailer for Need for Speed XI. The trailer shows a realistic damage model, the return of the Mazda RX-7 and that the racing will be done during daytime, unlike Carbon and the Underground series. The trailer also mentions a date of May 31, 2007, perhaps hinting on the date of the official announcement. The trailer can be viewed at the official NFS website.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed_XI

Best answers
I stopped playing the NFS series when they forgot what gameplay is and learnt that they can make gfx look good. Even at the cost of a good game. whoopdeedoo. Now This will come with a 2GB ram and a 256 mb GFX card requirement. Well... I'm just thankful that I hate racing games.

Best answers
im not the greatest racing game fan, but im still satisfied with my nfs most wanted i got for 18 bucks, even if it lacks some tuning possibilities of nfsu2 and is often pretty frustrating.
never wanted carbon because i got the feeling it was rushed and didnt add much new stuff besides some cars... .
and i wont get this new one, whatever its name is.;/

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
yay ... another nfs wannabe-gangster-pimp-my-ride-type game with the same stereotype "story"

screw nfs, enough is enough

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm so tired of the whole street racing and car pimping.

EA, urban culture /= culture. Stop using it in your games.

Best answers
I have to say that all nfs games are good but they are all so similar so i get bored fast!;/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like nfs, coz itz boring. No point. Driving around. Maybe I would like it better, if I can drive a real car.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like nfs, coz itz boring. No point. Driving around. Maybe I would like it better, if I can drive a real car.
That's practically the whole purpose of racing games; driving around. Not to mention driving in real life is basically just "driving around".

I don't know what it is about street racing games, but I just don't like them. I tried playing Underground and Carbon, but I don't know, it didn't interest me. Now they are trying to make a hybrid between street racing and professional racing, which kind of doesn't make sense in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom