Like It?

• yes

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • no

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Best answers
I'm new to modeling and I just created a site with some samples of something I'm working on. It's half finished but I know that there are things I can do to make them better. Tell me what you think.

Mr Hyde - Self Proclaimed Modeler

Best answers
What are you working on? It's hard to identify. But it looks very good so far. Is it a normal human body or a are you trying to make a DBZ character?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good

Your better then me when i first started modeling.You are good.Just try fixing up the legsThey are to skinny.Good start:yes:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Half Life needs a top quality Buu Saga Vegeta. You know with the all dark blue suit. The Vegeta in your sig.

btw, Good Luck with your model :)

Best answers
Thanx

Yeah, I'm working on the right leg now. Haven't had a lot of time for it, but I have been trying to steadily improve. I'm using primarily wings 3D for the model right now. I am curious though. Is there a particular method to skinning? Do you all know of a good skinning program? I am planning on making this a buu saga vegeta model, by the way, though I doubt it will be really high quality.:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
paintshop

get jask paintshop pro_Or paintshop pro which ever one.There are two of them.They both are good.Or just get milkshape and go to skin section i think in groups tab.

Best answers
cool

What are the websites for those? And how much do they cost?

Best answers
Sorry to vote no, but , it looks more like a chicken, but i'm sure you will make some good/great models if u practice some more

Best answers
chicken?

I haven't done the hands or feet yet, so of course it looks like a chicken;/

Best answers
I dont know how close you are to finishing, but I have to tell you something. Unless you're 1% done, that picture is horrible. I'm not saying it because I'm some sort of arrogant ******* who thinks he's better than you. IMO, hard critiques are the best ways to open the novice modelers eyes. You need ALOT of work in everything. Post a more updated pic when you get the chance, because a big oval lump with for protrusions for limbs and no head or any sign of definition is not good at all. Now if you post a model that looks half decent then I apologize for being harsh.

IM me and I'll give you some help. :)

HereticJiisu666

Best answers
yeah

You're right and I'll try to get an IM to you. However, like I said, I haven't had alot of time for it. It is more like 25% done as far is just the un-skinned base model goes. I'll try to update the site pics. I'll also put my new sig I made( haven't figured out how to link pics so that I can post them here. If anyone knows, give me a yell). Tell me how you like it(It's a first as well, though it's finished!). As for as harsh crits, I'm not opposed. However, I could use a few nicer ones to go with them;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah im agreeing with vegeta here :p

its awful

Best answers
Hmmmm

I updated the site. I guess it didn't help much. oh well... I guess I'll have to wait until I have time enough to finish it before I post again. sorry......o_o

Best answers
for a newb model looks perty good

definently work on the legs and the tooth pics in pllace of his arms j/k the back needs to be placed out more and the wast needs 2 be wider by a tad :yes:

Best answers
thanx

thanx. I tried to add some muscle definition to the arms. I'm no expert on physical form, but I tried to make it look better. Is most of the muscle texturing and stuff supposed to be done on the model or on the skin?

Best answers
I sry, i can't even pretend to link it. It needs a lot of work. Maybe try foolin around with the ESF models and get used to what you need, then start messing around with your own. Just a tip. This is just constructive critisism.

Best answers
heh

There's only one problem with that. I don't have a program that will read the esf models. I know milkshape will probobly do it, but I really don't have any more time with my traveling to invest in it. I simply put this post on to see from some of the more expert modelers if it was on the right track. I really haven't spent so much time on it that it's supposed to be almost finished. However I thank you for posting and trying to help me. Please continue to do so. Perhaps one of you could start a model and then post it here so I can see what's lacking, if it's not asking too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice

Your good HYde.Keep up the good work:yes:

Best answers
k

thanx guys. I will take all of this into consideration and try to work on it more than I am. Thank you everyone that posted, good or bad, and expect to see another one of these sometime!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom