Need a smaller example of a blended mesh than tiny.x

Best answers
I'm trying to understand how to have my DirectX program generate a blended mesh for saving to an x file. (I'm exporting from another format.) However there's no tutorials on creating and saving them only loading existing ones. Would any of you guys have a VERY simple blended mesh as a .x file that I can look as as text. The tiny.x that comes with the SDK it just too big to read through it all.

The skin has to be treated as a continuous mesh for blended meshes. If there's a seperate mesh for every bone, then it's using a rigid body character animation model and is not a blended mesh.

I want something as simple as possible. It doesn't need to be textured and it should have five or less bones and maybe a single animation.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
use the tiger.rar i´ve sended you , remmember? there is a .x file and also the bmp texture. so use this for what ever you need.
thought its not rigged

Best answers
That's just a static mesh (no bone heirarchy) isn't it? And it already came with the DirectX SDK right here: "C:\Program Files\DirectX\Samples\Managed\Direct3D\Tutorials\Tutorial6" There'd still be too many vertices for me to look at the thing in text form and understand where the bone weights and influences come in.

It has to have skin info (SKINS AREN'T TEXTURES) for me to be able to add animations. I'm not just trying to make models, I'm trying to make code to generate and save them and animation is the next step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom