Need a gaming headset

Force Pit Member
Best answers
So now that I've gotten rid of my xbox 360 (didn't like it because I was too cheap to buy a wifi addon for it) and I have since turned my computer into my entertainment system, I need a gaming headset to go with it. Problem is, there are so many gaming headsets, and prices range so drastically I have no idea where to start looking. I've checked the usual places like best buy and walmart, but they didn't really have anything I was super interested in.

Here is what I'm looking for:

1. It must be noise cancelling - I need this option for when I fly. I can't stand the roar of the engines, or babies crying, or the girl behind me *****ing to her mom that her boy friend cheated on her because she respected herself and refused to put out.

2. It must have a decent microphone - this is namely for WoW. The microphone on my laptop works, but it's a lot of guildmates ***** about the background noise. But I will end up using it for DoD:S and CS:S and CoD:MW - it it works out in the end.

3. Good sound quality - Duh, it's a headset, what's the point if the sound sucks.

As for my price range - eh, I really don't have one at this point, but that doesn't mean I don't like saving money, I do. I've seen prices from 20 to 300. So far I'd like to shoot for anywhere between 50 and 100. Unless there is something cheaper and better.

Any help would be great, thanks!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use the Steelseries Siberia V2. It's the most comfy thing I've ever had on my head (apart from the V1, which was lighter). For my standards sound is superb. But it's probably not noise blocking enough for you. You do sort of still hear your surroundings when nothing is playing.
The mic is pretty good, a little heavy on the mid frequencies (makes you sound a little more nasal) but it's retractable, so it's very cool for whenever you don't actually need the mic. Not sure about American prices, should be below 100$ (was 70€ when I bought is 4 months ago).

The V1 was very good as well, the mic is detached though, and it's also worse than the V2's. After buying those 2 I regretted using cheapo headsets for such a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom