Best answers
Hello, now i tried to map and its realy hard for a person as my self lol and so im asking u this. no i seen u all like to do weird and unreal maps while heres one for thought a mirror map nothing but mirrors cause u wouldn't be able to tell anything apart like someone can be so far and reflection make them look so close i was trying i couldnt even get a wall up ssj prince was helping me but hey lol it didnt work lol but i thought u might want to consider a map like that since their is no such thing and also i dont think it wouldnt lag now i know i would here make it ur self but i tried already and im asking for some compain if u can get back to me Nc clan u can im me at aims Ladov52014 thanx and hope this would interest u or anyone for a lil challenge

Best answers
I dont belive that it is posible with a mirror map, i dont think i ever saw a mirror in the whole HL game...

Best answers
yeah thats y u should make one i mean its like this i knwo theirs a map out their with a mirror in it just take one and make a whole map of it that i think would be the fun house map lol

Best answers
Could u send me that map? And ill check up on it...

BTW your pm mailbox is full...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mirrors are 100% impossible in HL. That much I know. And if anybody brings up the example from the single player game, yes they did have a mirror, but it was an illusion. It was a hole in the wall with a model of gordon on the other side which was programmed to match your movements.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Btw...I think ur thread name is a lil bit "dangerous" as I posted one thread using this name long time ago and got closed in a minute...lol

Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
Mirrors are 100% impossible in HL. That much I know. And if anybody brings up the example from the single player game, yes they did have a mirror, but it was an illusion. It was a hole in the wall with a model of gordon on the other side which was programmed to match your movements.

-Karrde-
yeah ive seen that kind of "mirrors" its used 2 create the shiny floor effect 2...

Best answers
how about a hard glass (glass that is unbreakable) map?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, HL can have mirror effects, but the way they do it is how Karrde said.
What would the unbreakable glass map be of? A map would look pretty weird if it each and every wall was all the same texture and opacity of glass. And you would get lost pretty quick if there weren't any distinguishing features in it. :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Also regarding mirrors, in case you're thinking of trying it, it wouldn't work in a multiplayer map, and if it did, it would lag everything to pieces keeping track of everything like that.

-Karrde-

Best answers
@ Karrde: sorry, but I cant remember any mirror effect in the official HL-SP! Are you sure this had been in the sp?
If, then please tell me which level, cuz Ive never seen it!

Best answers
Hi guys!!
Any good new maps coming along?
If so can you post some pics or summit pls? Im rly intrested in the maps ppl make!! :laff:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Captaincabbage, don't bring threads off topic. And your questions qualify as spam. If ppl have information about maps they're making, they'll post it of their own volition, not at your request.

As for the mirror effect, I think it was somewhat early on in a bathroom, or office, or something. It wasn't in a main area, just in some silly side place where there wasn't much of anything.

-Karrde-

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
in opossing force was these effects, and blue shift. but NOT in normal hl .. aslong as i can remember...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well whatever, point being, thats how they did it, it was an illusion :p And this tactic wouldn't be possible in multiplayer probably.

-Karrde-

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It was in Blue Shift I believe. It was a mirrored floor which projected the illusion of a scientist walking across it.

Best answers
now some people can find it but i was a player on bfp for those who know what that is and so their was a map that had a simple mirror that reflected you and well i wanted to ask if it is possible to estract the mirror from the bfp map and take to and make many many coppies of the single mirror to make this map and a reason i think this wouldnt lag i mean all the actions it might BUT their is achance and its up with the people if they want to play but hey who wouldnt like a all mirror map it would be like a fun map cause u can type i see u and but all the way on the other side and the size should be like cell cause that would be easy and its average well hope i help cause i cant do anything right also this is the site for that one map ill tell u which one ill respond right back just i need to find it first so

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom