Natur's pics

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
As requested 1 thread.

I was asked to make a character in dbz context. This is what I came up with in 20 minutes and it reminds me of goku. Completely free drawn not a look at a dbz character.

For ****'s and giggles I added a God Of War 3 Kratos I drew up.

Last edited:
Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
These are pretty good. There's some obvious proportional issues.
The first 2 are my favorite. Not bad sir, keep it up. :)

I WANT A PICTURE NAME
Banned
Best answers
Try to scan them and color them in Photoshop.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thanks guys, but keep in mind I have not drawn in years, majin vegeta and tarbal were my most recent with the ssj2 gohan's prior. The other ones didn't turn out aswell as they could have, and ssj4 goku was my first drawing in 8 years lol. His chest looks like ****, and ssj goku's pants coulda been done better. The goku was actually quite hard at the time, but lately i can seem to land things alot more fluent.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i just wanted to say that that first pic of gohan is good.... but his front hair thing reminds me of a boner @_@

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
pretty sweet original drawing, though you should make ears larger, like 2x larger than the current one.

And if i may ask you about those lines on the hair(inside the strands). Is there a general idea how they are supposed to be shaped, where they go and how long they are or do you just draw them randomly? When i try to draw SSJ hair the my lines always look weird.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
pretty sweet original drawing, though you should make ears larger, like 2x larger than the current one.

And if i may ask you about those lines on the hair(inside the strands). Is there a general idea how they are supposed to be shaped, where they go and how long they are or do you just draw them randomly? When i try to draw SSJ hair the my lines always look weird.
If you take a look at most ssj pictures, you will notice that the hair lines usually follow along the original lines pretty far up. Depending on the flow of the hair the lines would go longer to shorter, and in most cases if you understand the flow you can just draw them randomly and it still looks right. Just get in the hang of using the outline to your inner lines.

Oh and I also see the ears should be bigger ~.~ just like the size of tarbals lol.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Obviously ive been inactive, due to real life issues. Anyways I sketched up everyone's favorite character mr goku. Let me know if you like, its actually quite basic.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try having more guidelines when you begin drawing, as I see you are practically drawing details first and then end up with incorrect things.

example:

At first, you MUST have gentle touch on your drawing, so that its barely visible (use HB pen or harder), then change between harder (lighter) and softer (darker) pens to achieve your goal, never press on your paper too much, you wont be able to erase your lines if you do (note some of your drawings). Try to embrace this tips and keep it steady, don't rush to finish stuff.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I enjoy freestyling, I sketch close but never aim for exact, and I'm usually quite close. Your right though, that is the proper way to do things and I sometimes do use that method on more complicated drawings.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That method is the only method even if you "freestyle".

For other method's you have to have at least 20 years of drawing exp to pull it off like a pro.

Drawing Dragon Ball, you can't really learn anything from that.

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Who ever said I was drawing for anything other than fun? Fact is I can draw lots of things without outlines. Its not hard when your a natural. My career path is far from art. You make it sound like im curing cancer and their is only 1 way to draw. Fact is I do what I want how I want. I've never had a lesson, from a young age I could draw exceptionably better than other kids and I still didn't take art or anything like that. It's all fun man and there is more than 1 way to skin a cat. First we need a cat.

Last edited:
Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
On a side note here, I actually do draw light and go over it with detail. I always make sure I get the face right before I continue the whole picture aswell. Prime example if I **** up sailormoons eyes the picture is garbage. Too much erasing will ruin the paper I have which is actual art paper. Dbz eyes are by far the hardest part of the pictures and they can make and break the picture easy as pie. There's no point in continuing a picture if your goin to **** it later. Get the eyes and go from there. As you can see my later drawings get better and better because I'm shaking off that rust. Ssj4 goku was my first pic in x number years 7 or 8.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, start from eyes.. end up with facial proportion deformations. And manga/anime is the most easiest thing to draw, its made of few lines ffs.

also.. sailormoon.......................................................

Simply some greatass
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Face than eyes idiot, besides I know you can't draw better than me regardless so your input means nothing?

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen 10 year old kids that can draw better than you, mister natural talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom