Natural Selection 2 Engine Test now on Steam!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Hey everyone!

The Natural Selection 2 Engine Test and Spark tools are now available on Steam!

If pre-ordered NS2, you will receive a special code shortly (if you haven't already) with instructions for unlocking it and downloading it through Steam. If you don't want to wait, you can retrieve your key manually (http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/retrieve).

If you haven't yet pre-ordered (what ARE you waiting for?) you can still do so and activate NS2 on Steam now (http://www.naturalselection2.com/buy). You can play around with the tools, walk around a couple test levels and shoot some target dummies while you're waiting for the alpha.

We've also released an update today: we've activated the server browser, fixed restoring the graphics device when you alt-tab in and out of the game, shored up some visual differences between spot lights in the editor and the game, and added the preliminary documentation on the engine's scripting API.

Releasing on Steam is another big milestone for us, so we hope you're as excited about it as we are!

-The NS2 Team
P.S. If you've previously installed the Engine Test or Spark SDK, you'll probably want to uninstall it to save space.
Pretty awesome if you ask me! :D.. This is the second email I received:

Hello Domien,

Thank you for pre-ordering Natural Selection 2! Your support has made a huge
difference for our company and has allowed us to stay independent.

As we get close to the Natural Selection 2 alpha release, we are now
distributing all of the updates to the tools and engine through Steam. So you
will need to activate your copy of NS2 on Steam through the following steps:

1. Install Steam from: http://store.steampowered.com/about

2. Run Steam, then go to Games -> "Activate a Product on Steam..."

3. Enter your NS2 Product Code: ZBY9G-RLDMA-ETW6V-P3FFQ-I93FZ

NS2 should now appear in your list of available games. Just double click it to
download it and updates will be installed automatically. The tools can be
launched by right clicking on Natural Selection 2 and selecting "Run Launch
Pad...".

Thanks again for your support!

-The NS2 Team
Pretty neat :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it intentional that you post your code in the email? I know you might've already reserved it, but still :O

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Is it intentional that you post your code in the email? I know you might've already reserved it, but still :O
Hehe, I'm not that stupid to leave the original code in the quote :).

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You are pretty much close to do so though... xD

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The engine test is unplayable on my PC, even on "ridiculously awful" graphics. It'll work for a second, then freeze for a few seconds, then repeat. I have a geforce 8800, 3 gigs of ram, and an intel quad core 6600.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The engine test is unplayable on my PC, even on "ridiculously awful" graphics. It'll work for a second, then freeze for a few seconds, then repeat. I have a geforce 8800, 3 gigs of ram, and an intel quad core 6600.
I also have a 8800 (GTS) 640MB Ram and it works perfectly for me. (Duo Core CPU)

Best answers
hey sub on the website they said if your having problems with your computer playing the game to write them. The real reason they released this test was to see if it worked on everyones computer and to get feed back from the community if it wasn't working on anyones computer so they could go in and try to see the reason behind it

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I preordered the $40 SE version to support UWE since I had fun with NS for years. I'd pay $20 more if I could get pink armor ;P But yeah, don't be shocked it it runs badly. It's an in progress engine and isn't close to being done.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I preordered the $40 SE version to support UWE since I had fun with NS for years. I'd pay $20 more if I could get pink armor ;P But yeah, don't be shocked it it runs badly. It's an in progress engine and isn't close to being done.
Theres always texture Edits lol

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, Natural Selection 2 mocks your rig like Crysis did?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, it your mocks your rig like ESF does being that ESF has not been optimized yet :p Crysis was just high needs :p Now Crysis 2 is going to be the ultimate in rig mocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom