Natural Selection 2 - Alpha Version of Spark Engine Tools Released

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So Unknown Worlds released the alpha version of their tools, which currently only contains the map editor. Although there's only a few parts done and even fewer entities, props, etc, it's looking pretty good. Much easier than hammer ever was. I spent the last few hours playing around and building a small room. Most of that time was spent looking at props, textures, and figuring out how to control the blasted thing :p Here's what I came up with:

Not much, but then again I wasn't going for much either. Also, no vertex manipulation yet, so making complex shapes is a pain in the ass. Most of what you see are props, not geometry. Oh, and keep in mind that the editor actually runs on the game's engine, ergo, no more compiling hell, real time lights, etc :p

Last edited:
Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it's their own home built engine called "Spark"

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I already pre-ordered NS2! :D

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then get the editor for some fun :p Also, I wouldn't call this impressive in its own right. The level geometry is essentially a box with a box above it. The rest are props. Prop based (as opposed to brush base) is definitely the wave of the future. You can make such good looking maps with limited manipulation assuming you're using the stock props or ones you've found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom