National Honor Roll

Best answers
Well, im sitting in my room... when my parents walk in. Im thinking to myself "OH ****, WHAT DID I DO NOW?!?" But to my surprise, they hand me a letter, and they say that they are extremely proud of me. Now I have absolutely NO clue what the **** is going on.

SO i read the letter, it pretty much says that Im extremely smart. I thought that this letter is bull-****, because i half-ass school, and got a 2.9 last year (which was pretty good, considering I was half-assing everything). But, i ignored it and felt pretty good.

Later on, i decided to look into this "National Honor Roll" program. I googled it, and went to their website ( www.nationalhonorroll.org, i believe); I looked it over, and it looked legit.

I went back to google search, and right before i closed the window, i seen a hyperlink that said "National Honor Roll: Worthless?".

Being curious about this, i opened it. Then the truth unfolded before my eyes. This was a ****in scam!!!!

So i tore up the letter, and lit it on fire.

>
>
>

If anyone gets this in their mailbox, look it over for yourselves. The real organization is the "National Honor Society", so dont get them confused.

Just wanted to warn the rest of the Americans about this.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I say go for it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone can believe a lie that they fear to be true, or that they greatly want to be true. Scam artists have been at this for a very long time, and they've always got a new scam to get you with.

Good call on this one.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I once got a letter from an organization that looks to be similar or at least had a similar webpage layout. I attempted to find "scholarship" opportunities promised in the letter, but what I found was something along the lines of a pay service for scholarship information. That was a ripoff to say the least. A future note for future college hopefuls. Do not subscribe to pay services that offer to find scholarship info for you. That's what your guidance counselor and other college preparatory things are for. It's even worse of the scholarship asks for a processing fee.

Here, they mention asking for credicard information, just in case you might buy something. That screams beware to me, to say the least. Why wouldn't they just ask for that information when you do choose to buy something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom