NASA has confirmed 2012 disaster

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like how the bottom of the article asks you to follow them on twitter.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The solar storm is not going to wipe out every electronic on earth because our atmosphere protects us from the charged particles.
Imagine a mosquito, trying to get through a mosquito net in order sting whatever is underneath. It's hard to do for the little critter.
This is what happens right now outside our atmosphere, our magnetic field is protecting us against particles trying to do harm to our precious technology.

Now with this solar storm it's kinda like this.
Imagine a Antonov An-225, trying to get through a mosquite net in order to sting whatever is underneath.

And that's kinda what will happen to our little blue marble. Our magnetic field isn't strong enough against such a massive force. Particles will hit the earth and will.. **** your signature is annoying, constantly trusting towards my face while I'm trying to write this message.. ruining all our electric equipment.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so we are all going to die because of lack inet

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Death by boredom. Also, as I've already said, this won't happen. The article is stupid. Though I guess I'm all for discussing the usual pointless hypothetical nonsense.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Imagine a mosquito, trying to get through a mosquito net in order sting whatever is underneath. It's hard to do for the little critter.
This is what happens right now outside our atmosphere, our magnetic field is protecting us against particles trying to do harm to our precious technology.

Now with this solar storm it's kinda like this.
Imagine a Antonov An-225, trying to get through a mosquite net in order to sting whatever is underneath.

And that's kinda what will happen to our little blue marble. Our magnetic field isn't strong enough against such a massive force. Particles will hit the earth and will.. **** your signature is annoying, constantly trusting towards my face while I'm trying to write this message.. ruining all our electric equipment.
MY SIGNATURE KEEPS EVERYONE ON THEIR TOES :D. Gotta love Bayonetta.

I don't know. I know I've been reading about an irregular pattern of sun activity this decade and that a 'big storm' is in the make. I do think a potential issue like this could be a threat to the way we live but not apocalyptic. With proper space weather forecasting we can take steps to secure our infrastructure. I like to think that the article picked the most eye catching parts to high light, the worst case scenarios, while they don't actually know just how strong it will be.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/stereo/news/stereo_astronauts.html

I am hoping that really on astronauts are a potential risk for the flare. If this solar flare is strong enough to launch a coronal mass ejection, then we should prepare our electrical systems to take the impact. I think a temporary shut off of power is a better idea than letting the particles cripple our systems. If this gets more hub-bub, Obama will be kicking himself for cutting NASA funding.

Damage can be done and our magnetosphere will be affected, but it reconnects.

It's not going to be like the ending of "The Knowing" though.

[video=youtube;pXq7qFCKifc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXq7qFCKifc&feature=related[/video]

🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't see what "disaster" this solar storms could cause other than some pretty auroras around the earth. Maybe another economic crisis but my (pathetic) country still isn't out of the recent one so not much of a damage here.
When I saw "NASA has confirmed 2012 disaster" I hoped they confirmed a huge asteroid is hurtling towards earth but this "solar storm" bull**** just makes me sad. Our sun has had solar minimums and solar maximums since it's birth and we're still here...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You do realize you took that from a website about the next Ice Age right? ...and that it's completely irrelevent to this thread? It's also probably inaccurate anyway.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
must download entire internets before then

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty sure that research was conducted in Australia (Melbourne). I wouldn't trust anything those Aussies came up with.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, good discussion. And damn Bayonetta.

Yeah man, I would probably die without the Internet. Well, I should setup a printer and start printing out every page of the wiki and all my favorite books.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This article sounds kind of BS for me too...well, I hope they're wrong.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bull**** or not it's best if you know some basic agriculture and how to use a shotgun. Who knows...

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well guys start using brains now a little

Even if it comes to destruction we wont go back 50-100-500 years back - what gets destroyed it will be rebuilt in somewhere in 2-6 months and everything will be as it was

I belive something will happen but we wont feel one bit of "destruction" internet media is giving us...so no need for backuping, dowloading and other stuff

Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Guyz,Guyz.You never now what will happen.One solution:Release ESF 1.3 so we will be able to play before we die :D

Just a nice person :)
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Quick! Build some anti-100-hydrogen-bombs-PS3/Xbox360 and Wii!!!!

Oh and if the **** happens,
Release ESF 1 day before chaos please^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
this is no joke.. the next solar maximum is in 2012 at the end of 2012 a huge magnetic storm will come here on earth and will destroy all machines and electronics. we will see the polar light everywhere it will be very beautiful but no more machines and computers :( so I hope they fix this **** before 2012! but seriously this IS going to happen just a matter of time :) so they better start finding a solution...
It happened before on our planet somewhere in 1840 or something polar light everywhere but since they didnt have any electronics in that time it wasnt harmful:)

but thats not all.. more **** will hit the fan in 2012.. there is a high chance the polars will shift! on 21 december 2012 our solar system is exactly in the centre of the gravitational disc of the galaxy.
http://nl.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=v3q0s6&s=4

this is the gravity disc of our solar system.

when it is 22 december 2012 we will have crossed the centre meaning we are on the other half.. what happens here on earth if you go to the south hemipshere and see a tornado or let water be drained.. it will rotate to the left! on the northern hemisphere it will rotate to the right. so scientists think when we crossed the centre the same thing will happen to the earth the gravity forces will make the polars shift. this will mean we have no magnetic shield for 3 days cause it will take that long to shift. and if the solar storm will come at THAT moment... we are fried.. we live in a scary time.
the increased intensity and quantity of tornados, floodings, tremors and vulcano bursts is the proof that we are almost feeling the full effects of the gravitational dics since we are almost in the centre.

believe what you want.. I researched this **** for 4 years.

Last edited:
ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not like everybody will just stay and wait for it to happen doing nothing. Until the storm comes solutions must be found. And they will be found because there are a lot of things at stake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF: Final must be released at least 1 month earlier so that we can Njoy PC gaming to the fullest and then... no moar. Besides, I 'll get around 15 days to play, since I have to buy HL first D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom