Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was reading about that the other day. Crazy stuff. It's supposed to replace hubble and we all know how awesome the hubble telescope was.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's more than just distance, there has to be a higher level of quality in images.

Best answers
What's with all these space threads lately? Maybe make one thread for all this stuff and sticky it? o_O

Best answers
They should show a fictional before and after image.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's with all these space threads lately? Maybe make one thread for all this stuff and sticky it? o_O
space is interesting, imo anyway. But that's not that bad of an idea

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm the only one posting them, and I've only been doing so for a day.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he's right though, why the need for so many? you could have one massive star trek convention thread.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3 threads is hardly a lot, and doesn't call for one mega thread about all things "Space".

On a side note, Star Trek is a piece of crap.

Best answers
3 threads :\ maybe because space is so interesting\amazing, also your right. we should have one big stickied thread about space and discuss it all there

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you guys talking about, lol? It's not like we're running out of valuable room on the off-topic message board or something. And it's not like he's going to be posting astronomy news all the time, every day. Merging it into a "space" sticky is ridiculous, there's too many different things to talk about regarding space for it to be coherent.

As for dating stars, I think there are also methods where they measure movement related stuff.... red shift, globule clusters or something, I really can't remember.

Best answers
What are you guys talking about, lol? It's not like we're running out of valuable room on the off-topic message board or something. And it's not like he's going to be posting astronomy news all the time, every day. Merging it into a "space" sticky is ridiculous, there's too many different things to talk about regarding space for it to be coherent.

As for dating stars, I think there are also methods where they measure movement related stuff.... red shift, globule clusters or something, I really can't remember.
Couldn't have said it better myself. You all act like we should just lump things into stickies to reduce "clutter." It really just defeats the purpose of having a forum if everything is replaced by dumb stickies.

Anyway, on topic, this should be something to be pumped for. Hubble made a lot of amazing discoveries, and taught us a lot about the universe, there's no telling what we might find with this one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was reading about that the other day. Crazy stuff. It's supposed to replace hubble and we all know how awesome the hubble telescope was.
Yeah I always saw the hubble as the telescope that would get us everything, but yeesh I wonder what this can do? How the hell do those astronomers make these things?

Lol he happens to like space, no biggy. Most of the things about space he posted were pretty interesting.

Best answers
he was the one that was kind of complaining :S, anyways space interests me quite a bit, cant wait to hear new info of once this things makes way, going to be along time though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom