Naruto on GameCube

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
I'm trying hard not to start a console war because no one is going to win - it'll just end in a huge arguement until we all agree that the best gaming system is the pc...even if you have to upgrade it every half year or so.

Agreed, It may be a pain to Keep it up to date... but it's worth the money. You can do virtually ANYTHING on a PC.

Best answers
Wow even after Majin said no no no. Closed - coming soon. aha like a movie. Anyway i love this Naruto game. Gonna be lots of fun to play. :yes: :laff:

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sigh* Trying hard not to start a console war, yet the posts still end up on that base.....For the sake of those who are interested in the ACTUAL thread topic, just leave this discussion out entirely. Discuss it in PM's, but leave it out of this thread...please.

Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
SSB doesn't count because it lacks a few features that all good fighting games should have, namely Countering, tech hitting, throw evasion or a throw system, parrying and a in depth combo system. Even KI Gold had some of these features ....**shudder - and if i wanted to play a 4 player fighting game i'd play Gekido or better yet a wrestling game.

All buttons on the PS2 controller excluding the d-pad and start and select buttons are analog - which does more or less the same thing as pressure sensitivity. And the gamebube controller is not the best controller for fighting games (i stand by the SNES controller as being the best all round controller) - oh and the Panasonic Q is not an official game machine in the true sense of the word - in a similar way to the Goldstar\Panasonic 3D0 and JVC\Hitachi Saturn.

Before purchasing my PS2 i did a quick assesment of each consoles strengths and weaknesses and a quick look into which machine i could picture myself buying more games for and the PS2 came out on top infront of the X-Box and GCN in that order. I would have gotten a GCN if it wasn't for the severe lack of games that interest me - im not saying its a bad machine or anything - i just don't like it personally and the PS2 suits my gaming habits much much better than any other system. No other consoles have Gran Turismo 3, Initial D, Tekken (except GBA), Shutoko 3 (Dreamcast had Shutoko 1), Kaido, Onimusha, Final Fantasy X or Kingdom Hearts to name a few. If i had been a few years younger i may hvae given the GCN decent look but now theres nothing to draw me to the system other than the cheap price.

I'm trying hard not to start a console war because no one is going to win - it'll just end in a huge arguement until we all agree that the best gaming system is the pc...even if you have to upgrade it every half year or so.
-SSB has throws (3 types) and evasions (ground and mid-air)
-Reguarding you "SNES" controller comment. The Gamecube has a controller that is similar to the SNES controller. It's called the Hori Pad.

Also, if controllers is an issue between console systems, the X-box and GCN have PS2 controller converters.
-Initial D, Onimusha, and Kingdom Hearts are on the GBA.

As for the PC, yeah it could be labled as the "best" system in your opinion. But console games feel differnt on a PC. If goldeneye was for the PC, you think it would still be that popular?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes it would because golden eye had a good variety of guns, good gameplay, and could have been another counter strike. put it in online play it would have been very fun as a pc game.

KyoKusanagi

K
Yeah - Hori are usually pretty good with their products - I think they're one of the few that actually have their products endorsed by the company that makes the console.

Oh yeah Goldeneye on PC sucks - im of course talking about the N64 Emulated version. Though the converted versions of FFVIII, Turok and Metal Gear Solid weren't bad.

And i know that Initial D is on gba - though its more of a real time turn based rpg than a racing game (its still fun though). Aaand on a quick note there is a PS2 modchip to let you play GCN and Xbox games, albeit slower.

But back to the main topic of Naruto as a game - it'll rock and hopefully be one of the few anime games that don't suck. Anyone tried Ghost In The Shell on PSX...euugh.

Best answers
KyoKusanagi said:
. Aaand on a quick note there is a PS2 modchip to let you play GCN and Xbox games, albeit slower.
I doubt it, all three systems use differnt coding. Wonder why it takes a while to do a simple port?

Best answers
Whoa whoa whoa i thought Naruto was for the PS2. I knew it was for gamecube but i also thought i saw some PS2 ones. o_O

Naruto #1 fan

N
im defanetly geting this game for Xmas :paper: Naruto rulz :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom