Naruto now in Widescreen

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Naruto has finally made the switch to widescreen which somehow makes it seem less generic.

The only thing that sucks is that they chose to do so on the first episode of the first filler arc of shippuuden...It's like widescreen is some consolation prize for the ****ty fillers we will have to endure for months. oh well, widescreen is still epic and hopefully they will make good use of the more cinematic look widescreen offers and maybe bump up the animation quality a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesn't make much of a difference to me, it's not like I have a Widescreen TV somewhere in my house.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Widescreen is so much more awesome and better.

It was kind of annoying going from gurren lagann in its awesome super widescreen form to crappy naruto normal screen format every week.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a widescreen lcd but it's ratio is 16:10 and the standard widescreen or "super widescreen" is 16:9 so I still get a little bit of the letter boxes, which I love.

Best answers
Looks pretty nice IMO. Here's hoping they release previous eps in widescreen too, I don't thjink they'll need to crop the old footage for widescreen either (Unless of course the source film for prior eps was made on different film).

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing that sucks is that they chose to do so on the first episode of the first filler arc of shippuuden...It's like widescreen is some consolation prize for the ****ty fillers we will have to endure for months.
Ugh, I thought I didn't recognise those new villains running around in the background. I can't believe they're going back to fillers, the manga is heaps far away. I think I've died a little on the inside.

...and no, widescreen does not make up for this travesty.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, there is absolutely no reason to **** up shippuuden like they did the original series. Naruto is an insanely popular anime and for some reason I find myself asking, "This is the best they could come up with?" every single week. I mean ****, they already have a good storyline already laid out for them, all they gotta do is animate it, and make it look pretty. I am so pissed that for some reason the animation quality hasn't improved at all, if anything, it's gotten worse. They must not really give a **** about the anime anymore, I feel that's the message I'm getting every week. [/rant]

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a widescreen lcd but it's ratio is 16:10 and the standard widescreen or "super widescreen" is 16:9 so I still get a little bit of the letter boxes, which I love.
Yeah I deliberately, run my 16:10 1280*800 monitor at 1280*720 with letter boxes just because it makes everything look way more artsy :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just a money grab. I have a sneaking suspicion the manga is drawing to a close and so in order to squeeze as much money as possible out of the insanely popular anime they're making extra episodes. There's no way they can use the "too close to the manga" excuse as it's not. The last two arcs (non-filler) have been pretty long and they're still a good 1.5-2 arcs behind (depends where you draw the ending line of the current events).

At worst by the time they could easily animate the next arc or two and then add filler IF they needed to. Seriously, they're just pissing off the fans. Even though we're all too far hooked in to stop watching anyway. This is the reason why I've switched to manga's.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's just a money grab. I have a sneaking suspicion the manga is drawing to a close and so in order to squeeze as much money as possible out of the insanely popular anime they're making extra episodes. There's no way they can use the "too close to the manga" excuse as it's not. The last two arcs (non-filler) have been pretty long and they're still a good 1.5-2 arcs behind (depends where you draw the ending line of the current events).

At worst by the time they could easily animate the next arc or two and then add filler IF they needed to. Seriously, they're just pissing off the fans. Even though we're all too far hooked in to stop watching anyway. This is the reason why I've switched to manga's.
so true unfortunately! :( at least the manga chapters are released weekly (no skips)

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it, but I'm currently working in the dattebayo irc help channel.
and you wouldn't believe how many people have issues with it.

It's like a constant stream of stupid questions.
oh well, goes with the job I suppose

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love it, but I'm currently working in the dattebayo irc help channel.
and you wouldn't believe how many people have issues with it.

It's like a constant stream of stupid questions.
oh well, goes with the job I suppose
Dattebayo's feedback forums are so funny. It's amazing what some people say. Also their bleach movie troll last week caught me >< I pride myself on not falling for them, but alas the streak has ended...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom