Naruto English Dub Cancelled Confirmed!!

Best answers
:( Well not really, but read on anyway. :]

Show News Contribute Edit
May 08, 2005

News on the Naruto dub from Anime Insider

It says that Shopro will air Naruto in September, and the first DVD will be released in December. Although the Toonami version will be editted, the DVDs will supposedly be purely uncut. Shopro's reason for putting it on Toonami and not on Adult Swim is to boost the show's popularity.

Things that will be cut out or editted are as follows:

Any blood that flows out of a character (except for when Naruto stabs his hand).
Zaku's exploding joints in episode 40.
Sasuke's throat full of needles in episode 16.
Any cussing.

Things that will not be cut out or editted are as follows:

Naruto stabbing his hand.
The Sexy no Jutsu.
Blood that does not flow out.

Also, all of the ninja moves will keep their original Japanese names! (Such as: Kagebunshin no Jutsu, Sexy no Jutsu, etc.)

Taken from TV tome.

Well i don't know about any of you who were actually looking forward to seeing how the english dub plays out, but from what's listed this kinda downplayed my fears since the editing seems pretty minimal. So i guess we won't be seeing anything like this for example.

Orignial - http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/misc/lf/naruto-raw.jpg

Edited - http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/misc/lf/naruto-vizdvdcap.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'll still be crap compared to the original, no matter how slight the editing might be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
On the title: I hope you die.

I've recently started getting the Naruto Manga from Shonen Jump and it's very good, I know it's going to be different with the Anime but Uncut DVD's sound good.

Also, all of the ninja moves will keep their original Japanese names! (Such as: Kagebunshin no Jutsu, Sexy no Jutsu, etc.)
In the manga all the names have changed:

Henge! - Change!
Sexy no Jutsu - Ninja Centerfold
Harem no Jutsu - Ninja Harem
Bunshin no Jutsu - Doppleganger
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu - Art of Doppleganger
Taijutsu - Art of the Trained Body
Genjitsu - Art of Illusion
Ninjitsu - Art of the Ninja

I haven't watched the anime in a while, but I *think* these are the jap names:

Koho: Phoenix Fire - Fire Style: Fireball Technique (Sasuke vs. Kakashi, Sasuke's flame overkill that Kakashi wasn't expecting)
??? - Earth Style: Groundhog Technique Decapitation (also Sasuke vs. Kakashi, Kakashi's technique to put Sasuke up to his neck in the ground).

Also, they say the name of each hand seal as they perform it (Tiger, Horse etc).

If the anime is as good as the manga then i'd be very happy, lets just hope the voice actors are up to scratch.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
In the manga all the names have changed:
Sexy no Jutsu - Ninja Centerfold
It was never called "Sexy." You think he just said it in English? -_-;
That's like saying, "they changed 'Darkness Replication' to 'Art of the Doppleganger!'

It's "Oiroke no jutsu."

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was going by the ANBU subs not the words.

The point is they didn't do a literal translation and make 'Oiroke no Jutsu' into 'Sexy Skill', they changed it to 'Ninja Centerfold'.

Best answers
Point noted, I wouldnt have known what you were talking about if you had said Oiroke no Jutsu instead of sexy no jutsu, and i doubt most of the forums would either

Well I guess this is somewhat good news, better than an announcement saying that there would be no blood, no sexy, or anything like that. True that announcements are just that, and not what they really do. Oh well, guess I'll stick with subs anyways.

Best answers
Well either way, heres a minor update.

Steve Blum, more famously known as Spike Spiegel from the Cowboy Bebop franchise revealed during his panel at ACEN yesterday that he is part of the cast for the Naruto anime series that is set to be coming to Cartoon Networks Toonami this fall. It is unknown what character he will play, or if he will just be doing a script adaptation as he has done for ShoPro Entertainment (now VIZ Media) on the MegaMan NT Warrior series. As of now he is the only member of the Naruto USA team that is known, this should be interesting!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steve Blum, more famously known as Spike Spiegel from the Cowboy Bebop franchise revealed during his panel at ACEN yesterday that he is part of the cast for the Naruto anime series that is set to be coming to Cartoon Networks Toonami this fall. It is unknown what character he will play
My money's on Kakashi.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Almost definitely. The ultimate chill dude.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well he could play more then one, he could do kakashi,mituzki and iruka. They all have kinda deep voices. I dunno, but im sure he will do kakashi.

I want the guy who did Eds voice from FMA to do naruto :D. Also, if you watch Ghost in the Shell: SAC, the old dude with the funny hair do, the major guy that is always in a suit, i cant remember his name, but he should do the 4th hokages voice.

I just wish they had put it on adult swim, the anime on there is so much better....naruto at times is a very emo/violent anime, and if they *** it up like they did dbz on toonami im going to scream....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he'll do Naruto XD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope that was an agreement rather then something sexual O_O.

[thats all we need is more *** naruto pr0n]

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
X said:
It'll still be crap compared to the original, no matter how slight the editing might be.
I second that,

The original shall allways be the best, and I will never enjoy the subs.

There's just no way they can make kakashi that cool, with an english voice actor.

It will be retarded.

Things that will be cut out or editted are as follows:

Any blood that flows out of a character (except for when Naruto stabs his hand).
Zaku's exploding joints in episode 40.
Sasuke's throat full of needles in episode 16.
Any cussing.
Remember Haku? how the heck are they gonna edit that? and many other scenes, blood is a part of the anime, removing it is stupid.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You need blood to summon how will this affect that? :rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they will spit on their fingers and say......"come here doggy, doggy" *kakashi summons dogs*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, i will definatly watch the dubs, i'm very curious as to what they will do with the series...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're crazy, after i saw the "origninal" then the "remake" i said "wow this makes me not want to have cable. C'mon, they are making Naruto into a childrens cartoon, just like they did with DBZ, i can see it now, pokemon before it was edited "Pickachu thunderbolt!" "CHUU!" *rains blood*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom