Naruto + DBZ?!??!?!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well i need to stop making threads but I keep thinking these things. First off, I noticed that Naruto and Goku wear the same color, well almost. When Sasuke and Vegeta also wear the same color. One strange thing, they're both rivals and sasuke and vegeta wants more power. While Sakura and Chichi are always picking on Naruto - Goku. Then Ero-Senin and Master Roachi are perverted and old... While Oochimaru and Freezia is destined to destroy everything in his way. and then Mizuki and Cell want revenge because they got pwned by naruto-goku. Then naruto and goku gets people to believe in to do some wicked attack. Then all of a sudden dissapearing in naruto is to instant transmission. and then naruto and goku like eating alot of ramem/noodles

Sorry if you guys don't get some of it, but my head hurts and really tired. =/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aren't they both by Shoenen Jump or something like that? Since they bother are fighting genre's, not surprised to see the similarties.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're both in Shonen Jump, which features manga from many different artists (although I don't think DBZ is in the current issues).

Shocking similaritehs. D;

Best answers
Shonen Jump Question:
I’ve heard that you where a huge fan of Akira Toriyama’s "Dragon Ball" and "Dr. Slump". What was your favorite storyline of Dragon Ball? Or, if you prefer, who was your favorite character?

Masashi Kishimoto Answer:
I love all the stories up until the first appearance of Frieza. My favorite character is Kuririn, because he has the most "human" feel, and I really associate myself with him.
Goku's Gi colors resemble the same colors worn by Chinese Monks. Which was Akira Toriyama's intention on giving Goku the same colors.

If you want to know what influenced the creation of Naruto, just look up his interviews. There is only one that I know of though; it explains everything you wish to know.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a few issues of shonen jump, in one of the interviews in one is issue Masashi Kishimoto said one of his biggest influences was dragonball. I've thought this for a really long time, but meh...

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dj^Swift said:
Well i need to stop making threads but I keep thinking these things. First off, I noticed that Naruto and Goku wear the same color, well almost. When Sasuke and Vegeta also wear the same color. One strange thing, they're both rivals and sasuke and vegeta wants more power. While Sakura and Chichi are always picking on Naruto - Goku. Then Ero-Senin and Master Roachi are perverted and old... While Oochimaru and Freezia is destined to destroy everything in his way. and then Mizuki and Cell want revenge because they got pwned by naruto-goku. Then naruto and goku gets people to believe in to do some wicked attack. Then all of a sudden dissapearing in naruto is to instant transmission. and then naruto and goku like eating alot of ramem/noodles

Sorry if you guys don't get some of it, but my head hurts and really tired. =/
Orochimaru doesn't want to destroy everything. He doesn't want to rule everything..

Mizuki comes back in a filler that wasn't written by the creator.. and Cell didn't want revenge on Goku. He was programmed to want to kill him by someone who wanted revenge.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And how does Naruto make "everybody believe in him to create an attack" or whatever???

Remember that the guy who's making Naruto was a student of Akira Toriyama, so obviously there will be some influences, doy.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wa glad this wasnt one of those "OMG NARUTO IS SUCH A DBZ RIP OFF CUZ FAST FIGHTING+ENERGY ATTACKS IS SOOOOO DBZ" discussions, cuz I've seen a people make claims like this and it gets annoying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the similarities are quite...similar.

Let me reword that.

Yes, there are many similarities.

However, the story is what makes the most difference.

I'm liking Naruto because there is now "LOL my PWRLVLVl is more higher than urs ROFL!!!" It's more about "LOL I TRAINDING HRdER THN U LOLZOLZ"

Whatever, it's different in its own way and I like NARUTO mainly because it's not so much "ALL AGES" like DBZ was. Basically I grew out of the Dragonball Series

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good similarities there, i'm surprised you didn't mention the powering up/transforming of DBZ alluding to the kyuubi powerups/curse seals of Naruto, that's one similarity that immediatley springs to mind.

Also, Dragonball and early Naruto were more light-hearted and comedic, then as you watch the characters grow older and become stronger, it becomes more serious (Z and present Naruto).

Best answers
And one more thing (maybe u said it and i missed it but..) Gaoku goes SSJ and Naruto "goes kyuubi" when he gets pissed off and gets the kyuubi eyes!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
Good similarities there, i'm surprised you didn't mention the powering up/transforming of DBZ alluding to the kyuubi powerups/curse seals of Naruto, that's one similarity that immediatley springs to mind.

Also, Dragonball and early Naruto were more light-hearted and comedic, then as you watch the characters grow older and become stronger, it becomes more serious (Z and present Naruto).
theres only really one stage of kyuubi for Naruto, and Kyuubi seems to lend Naruto an amount of power so that he is matched with his opponent. As for the curse seals, it didnt seem so DBZish back in the Forest Examination, but now it reminds me of Majin control. I prefer Naruto to DBZ much more, no matter how many people say its a Ninja version of DBZ, simply because Naruto is much more serious than DBZ: In dbz instead of letting Gohan save the world etc, Chichi kept wanting him to study, which i found....stupid, then theres the part of Trunks and Goten needing to train for their fight against Buu, and Chichi and Bulma wanting them to rest/take a bath/eat etc instead of train to save the world. To be honest, everything after the Frieza saga just became ridiculous; doesnt seem to be happening with Naruto

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
err ur theory is amusing but u know this is basic anime structure. If u start comparing DBZ to animes ull find tons that are similair >_>

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jakut said:
err ur theory is amusing but u know this is basic anime structure. If u start comparing DBZ to animes ull find tons that are similair >_>
Thank You

DBZ's fighting elements combines a lot from other animes into one. But for some reason, if in any show, the slightest sense of energy attacks or powering up, people jump to conclusions and say it is a dbz rip off.

The major difference I always thought between DBZ and DB was that DBZ's melee became pretty generic as it lengthened, basically super-fast kick boxing. The energy attacks weren't really as generic, but you could take an idea from a kamehameha and turn it into anything (i.e Haduken from streetfighter). What pisses me off is that when some people see something they would expect to see in dbz, they assume "wtf this is such a dbz rip off!!"

This is bad for me personally because when I submit a movie, there are quite a few people who detest Dragonball Z, so, lets say I have Sonic turn into Super Sonic, that then instantly makes it a super saiyan rip off, which will narrow down (from their view) to " a stupid dbz rip off"

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
as a sidenote, ppl use to associate different colors (clothers, hairs, etc) with different emotions, so the color theme is also taken into concideration when you build/concept a character

Best answers
Goku's Super saiyan forms = Naruto's Kyubi power unleashed. (red eyes) (angry)

Best answers
i've seen the first episode of naruto and goku and naruto are doing stupid things, like naruto changes into naked girl and goku's hungry when he has to fight
i don't know any name of naruto's attacks because i don't watch it

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DracoHeart said:
Goku's Super saiyan forms = Naruto's Kyubi power unleashed. (red eyes) (angry)
Please don't revive dead threads. Threads a month old are considered dead!

Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom