Naruto AMV.

Best answers
like it alot and the music fits indeed nice and is kinda origional wich i like the most about the music ( no endless linkin park >_< )

good job mate keep it up. love it alot

Best answers
Yeah, the AMV is awesome man! Can't wait to see some more kickass stuff from ya. :yes:

Belive It! ;D

Best answers
The music fits well.

However even though its your first Amv, you need to put more thought into the way you edit, I only got halfway through it because it was a bunch of action scenes edited together in no particular order, which to me seems rather pointless, you need to establish a theme, not just "teh Narutoe fight Sasuke!!11"

I know it can be difficult, but the pay off is obvious from the start, for something to feel enjoyable, it needs to have a certain structure and tell a story (not just visually), editing clips together arbitrarily doesnt make for a good Amv, it makes me want to go watch the episode.

I cant stress this enough, if you're making an Amv, block out a basic storyboard at the very least, you might end up changing it significantly, but by having a basic Idea of what direction you want to take it, you end up with a much more coherent music video.

Timing is also very important, if you dont time your cuts properly, it ends up feeling like someone turned off the sound, and put the stereo on, cutting at the right time ads that layer of immersion and allows the video and music to mesh.

I know this is even more difficult to do, but if you dont have the raws, or cant get them, crop out the subtitles, they really detract from the amv, just frame it in 16:9, sure you'll lose a little, but its a fansub in bastardized Youtube quality, so you shouldnt worry to much about preserving the original aspect ratio.

Anyway, I know you might think I'm being a little harsh, but I'm just trying to help you understand that you need to put a little more thought into things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The music fits well.

However even though its your first Amv, you need to put more thought into the way you edit, I only got halfway through it because it was a bunch of action scenes edited together in no particular order, which to me seems rather pointless, you need to establish a theme, not just "teh Narutoe fight Sasuke!!11"

I know it can be difficult, but the pay off is obvious from the start, for something to feel enjoyable, it needs to have a certain structure and tell a story (not just visually), editing clips together arbitrarily doesnt make for a good Amv, it makes me want to go watch the episode.

I cant stress this enough, if you're making an Amv, block out a basic storyboard at the very least, you might end up changing it significantly, but by having a basic Idea of what direction you want to take it, you end up with a much more coherent music video.

Timing is also very important, if you dont time your cuts properly, it ends up feeling like someone turned off the sound, and put the stereo on, cutting at the right time ads that layer of immersion and allows the video and music to mesh.

I know this is even more difficult to do, but if you dont have the raws, or cant get them, crop out the subtitles, they really detract from the amv, just frame it in 16:9, sure you'll lose a little, but its a fansub in bastardized Youtube quality, so you shouldnt worry to much about preserving the original aspect ratio.

Anyway, I know you might think I'm being a little harsh, but I'm just trying to help you understand that you need to put a little more thought into things.
Harsh? No. Thanks for those tips. I'll definitely keep them in mind next time. As for the subtitles, I kinda like when I can see them in the AMV, dunno why, just gives a better feel to it. But that's just my taste. Anyway, thanks. You really helped me out. And of course, thanks for all the other crits! You guys rock XD

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://youtube.com/watch?v=7gU63ajmFq0

You should watch this video and watch the timing he does with the clips and music to sync with one another. Its kind of cool how he summed up the whole Cell Tournament in one video pretty much. He did make a few mistakes in that video too but I just wanted to point out the timing he had. If I can find this old DBZ - Du Hast AMV it would be the perfect example of perfection in an AMV. Hopefully I can find it because its still one of my favourite AMV's to date.

Too me the most hardest part of making an AMV is the song selection, reason being is you need some good guitar rifts and lots of loud moments so you can play off that beat and time something with it to a clip.

I made an old Trigun AMV many many years ago but never uploaded it because it was really a huge spoiler AMV and would ruin the series if you haven't seen it, but by now I'm sure everyone has so I may upload it sometime and you can see my work from 5 years ago and hopefully if I stop being lazy and decide to sit down to make another one it should be better with all the knowledge I've learned from other people's AMV's.

Best answers
I think the PERFECT example would be this one:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GZ2G71HT9gE

Try to ignore the effects and to realize when the author switches from image to image and gets it synced up with the beat.

Otherwise, pretty good job! :)

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well I had a disc full of DBZ AMV, but I seem to have lost it :( (I had that DBZ Du hast AMV on that disc)

A PERFECT example of a VERY, VERY good AMV; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eznB15rp5Bc

Good synchronization, like the part with "Take my hand" and the part in the snow is also incredibly well done, just the right music for the movie and good quality clips.

Best answers
That sandman dbz Amv was pretty poor in my opinion, his cuts while some of them felt good, were spread out in an arbitrary manner, which while occasionally fitting the song quite well, left the majority of the Amv to feel like it was cut together without so much as a second thought.

I remember having a really good Naruto one, it was just cut together in a really tight manner, however for some reason Firefox deleted all my favourites :(

Best answers
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LvyIu-GSBZs

I found this video which synchronizes to the music 100% and the effects and transitions he used were well done as well.
I agree, that was the kind of thing I was talking about, that was cut together beautifully, and I especially dug those killer transitions/overlays.

Its a pity the youtube quality was so poor, I wouldnt mind downloading a dvd quality version of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom