Narb in need of help

Best answers
ok, its my first time posting, im a total ch00blet, and i suck at mapping. I have made one just to get the basics down and when I attempt to compile it, it gives me an error. I am doing it without running the game. (btw this is a hl map, i was referred by shadowh4ck's friend, that's his aim name at least)

************ ERROR ************
Memory allocation failure

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hrm, I've never gotten that error before.
It sounds like something is stopping the compiler from getting a block of memory.
Are you using Hammer to compile the map? I'd recommend trying to use Nem's Batch Compiler or the ZHLT Compile GUI with the ZHLT Compile Tools.
It might be something with your swapfile, if it's a memory error. Make sure you let Windows manage your swapfile so it isn't set too small.
Try compiling with those tools and see how it goes.

Best answers
still getting the same error... maybe if i increase my virtual memory paging file size

initial: 2000mb
max: 3000mb

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i have 2048/2048 virtual memory and i never got that error... so its not your v memory ... but i cant think of a solution for your problem either :/

Best answers
Naw, that's what i changed it to, and it did solve the problem. Thanks. But I'm trying to make a working vending machine (with buttons, im using a tutorial) and now it says this:

** Executing...
** Command: Change Directory
** Parameters: F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\valve\maps\patsmap.map" "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\valve\maps\patsmap.map"

** Executing...
** Parameters: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\valve\maps\patsmap"

* Could not execute the command:
Copy File "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\valve\maps\patsmap"
* Windows gave the error message:
"The operation completed successfully."

** Executing...
** Parameters: "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\valve\maps\patsmap"

Copy File "F:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\valve\maps\patsmap"

** Executing...

** Executing...

WTF??!!

IM me on:

AIM: Superiority7

MSN: [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom