Napoleon: Total War

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/60072

So they just announced another game in the total war series titled Napoleon: Total War.

Anyone else play any of the total war games and planning on picking this up? I recently got into the series (thanks to spunky) and their now one of my favorite games. I'm a bit surprised they aren't doing an expansion to Empire first, though.

What do you guys think?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Depends if there is a demo of some sort. Last Total War game I played was Rome: Total War and it was epicly awesome. From what I've heard, the versions after that one were even better, but they wouldn't even run properly on my 'older' laptop (graphics card is getting somewhat outdated). But from what I can see from the screenshots, it promises to be yet another awesome game.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I can't get Rome or Medieval 2 to work anymore despite consulting their support pages, and, last time I played it, Empire was consistently crashing (though, to be fair, there weren't any patches released for it at the time). Despite that, I do like the games (when they work), so I will definitely consider picking it up.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Until I upgrade my pc I cant play empire total war and not enjoy much of med 2 also.

I like rome best though and I don't think it will ever change, it has something to do with the era, the units and the factions. I don't think they can top rome for me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm a bit surprised they aren't doing an expansion to Empire first, though.
TCA says Napoleon is a sequel to Empire.

I'll definitely check it out when it's released, but if it doesn't address some of the problems you and I discussed that kill the immersion, as well as bugs, I don't think it will be worth playing. Medieval II will probably still remain my favorite in the series.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You probably wont be able to play it unless you get a better PC.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, there's that too. I don't understand why they rewrote the engine, the only apparent difference is that the new one consumes system resources stupidly.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The graphics are actually a lot better in Empire. It now takes like 3 minutes to load a battle, though =/

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd still rather they kept the medieval engine. Games in Medieval loaded in seconds and looked great.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think i want a mod that gives you unlimited turns.

As in a REAL conquer the world mod ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have unlimited turns. There's nothing stopping you from playing once your 200 or so turns are up.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, you lose if you haven't met the requirements after your turns are up, but you're presented with the option to keep playing. Same when you win. The game only really ends when there's absolutely nothing left to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom