Namek

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I can barely make out the difference between the rocky parts and the dirt/sand.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why, I really like that map, for some reason, good atmosphere...
May I ask what your average r_speeds are? I think you can spare some polys though...and I also see what CS means with the dirt and rocky texture, but I don't really think it's that bad.

that water looks nice, but maybe increase the size of it to make less lag or just use 2 func_conveyors and make that texture scrollyourwatername then just make each on flow in different directions then make a third brush that goes right over em, tie it to the entity func_water and then make the texture just null and if youy want make tex. size 100. that causes no fps loss at all according to my knowledge.

Best answers
yea you are right , and i see he used too many namek houses , that counts a lot of polys ...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
donnierisk said:
I don't know why, I really like that map, for some reason, good atmosphere...
May I ask what your average r_speeds are? I think you can spare some polys though...and I also see what CS means with the dirt and rocky texture, but I don't really think it's that bad.

that water looks nice, but maybe increase the size of it to make less lag or just use 2 func_conveyors and make that texture scrollyourwatername then just make each on flow in different directions then make a third brush that goes right over em, tie it to the entity func_water and then make the texture just null and if youy want make tex. size 100. that causes no fps loss at all according to my knowledge.
How do i see the r_speeds and how should i read them?(what do they mean)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple.

There are 2 commands you should absolutly know.

the first is
"developer 1"
and the second is
"r_speeds 1"

Developer will note all your console enteries and show them in your screen top left.
r_speeds will log all the stuff you need into the console (and if using the developer command) youll see them on screen.

Basicly youll see some numbers. First youll see the FPS. second youll see the wpoly (thats the one you should watch out for the most) and finaly you should see epoly. Not as important as the wpoly but still shouldnt be sky high.

Basicly wpoly should be as low as possible. But a max for ESF is 1800. Go over and some people will lag on that map.

The epoly are the polygons that models and other entities show. So that number is going to be over 10 thousand in a 12 player server ^^
All the trees and stuff are counted in there. Basicly try to keep it low but it isnt a big factor ^^

But than again i dont have a lot of ideas about the epoly. ^^

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd personally go for about 5000 epoly with 1 guy in the map(only yourself), I've seen a few official maps with around 8000 if I remember correctly and I found no lag in it and my pc is pretty low end, so yea, that's about the amount I'll be trying to stay lower than.

As for the houses, maybe if you want just delete 1 or 2 or you can also rotate them, otherwise it might look a bit too organised if you know what I mean.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Did all that and:
Webber's Cool Console said:
26fps 16 ms 130wpoly 3588 epoly
Thats like the average r_speeds.
Is it good, or bad?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
that's excellent! I doubt you'll need to remove any brushes, what's the max reading ou can get? usually just fly to a corner of the map and go very high, then it will expose most/all of the map, then you'll have the mac r_speeds probably.

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
only 130wpoly? wtf
thats super low. And no, its not a bad thing but it means you still have plently recources to improve the level of detail on the terrain

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks good for a low wpoly map. I would change the skybox textures etc though to namek like textures.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
loook's good but is the ground green or blue ?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a namek map, so it's green...oh and try what I said with func_conveyor if you're experiencing any fps loss, that's the only reason why it would lag so much, your map has too low polys to cause any lag or fps loss at all...unless you have a pc as good as those made in 95:p

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
cand you give us the map :D

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
cand you give us the map :D
He will release it soon enough, what makes you think you are going to get it in advance...

Best answers
It won't be released to the public cuz it's WFS material . It'll be released with WFS.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
john_volkov said:
I've said to US not to me only
One can use different meanings or abbreviate the term "us" differently, something you fail to consider with your limited English experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom