Nail in the Coffin?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's already over.

Toshiba, the manufacturer of HD-DVD drives has already said that they're not manufacturing them anymore. They've given up. Blu-Ray has won.

Best answers
Oh, guess I would have known that if I read the article I posted a bit closer, nm guess it's old news

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blu-Ray has won, depending on how you view the "HD war." As of yet, no format has achieved mainstream acceptance, because the majority of people don't have HDTVs to take advantage of it.

In the long-run, as in--thinking more than 10 years down the road--hard drive capacities and the average amount of bandwidth a consumer has--will increase exponentially, while Blu-Ray has a set specification that will become obsolete.

I just don't see Blu-Ray taking over before direct, digital downloads become the standard. /shrug

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Worst OP ever.

HD-DVDs died out several days ago when Toshiba stopped making them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some stores have even started selling HDDVD players as HDMI upscaling DVD players with HDDVD playback capability.

Yes, it's over.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some stores have even started selling HDDVD players as HDMI upscaling DVD players with HDDVD playback capability.

Yes, it's over.
Yeah, my brother told me that Amazon is doing that exact thing.

Pretty funny if you ask me. :p

I feel bad for HD-DVD owners.. Well, kinda.

I'm not saying they deserve it, but every early adopter takes a risk by adopting new technology. There's always the risk it might fail.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Technically it's slightly different. But either way it should be in technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom