Nagareboshi Gin

Best answers
As the title says this thread is about the anime Nagareboshi Gin. It's also known as Silver fang or hopeanuoli(if your finish).

The anime is pretty old (from mid 80's), and the effects arent as great as some of those seen in bleach. None the less the battles are still pretty good, and the anime contains a fair ammount of gore and blood. The battles arent just something you just want to get over with like in kenshin. Also the setting is pretty dark and somewhat scary. I was always afraid of the bears when i was a little kid, and the fact that Akakabuto was always waiting in the shadows kept me watching it again and again.

About the story:

It all starts with the birth of a little dog named Gin (or Silver). He is the descendant of a long line of hunting dogs, trained for hunting bears. He lives in a small town in japan with his owner Daisuke and is soon taken by the old hunter Gohei to be trained for hunting bears. The evil in the story is the huge bear Akakabuto who wishes to destroy the village and everyone who lives in it. He especially holds a grudge against Gohei because Gohei once shot out Akakabutos right eye.
However Gohei is the only man who is really brave enough to hunt the bears, and Gohei is 67 years old and starts to show the natural weakness of an old age.
Therefor Gin/Silver decides to go with a huge pack of wild dogs to recruit more dogs to the fight against Akakabuto. There are a lot of enemies on the way, and it all ends with the final battle against the monster bear.
I will not give any details on the story as it may spoil it.

A lot of people think that Gin/silverfang is not an anime serie, because they have the 4 old video tapes.
That is incorrect however. Gin is an anime containing 21 episodes. The old video tapes were censured/cut versions and 200 minutes are missing from the original story.

The anime is available on dvd in northern europe, and to those who are living other places it can be downloaded.

Visit www.gingasite.net for download links and info about the anime.

Hope you will all enjoy this anime.

-Toxen

Ps. to those who watched it, do you have any clue on how they made the bear-roar sounds?
Also if you want to watch Weed you have to watch Gin first. As Weed is 10 years later, and you wouldnt know half the characters of weed if you havent watched gin.

Best answers
ahh, the finnish 'crest' anime :_D I bet every kid in finland knows this anime, and heck I sure do too! I loved it as a kid, and do even so.

too bad they didn't show the uncutted versions on tv here when I was a kid ;< I had to hunt 'em down later on and watch them then and dang it was awesome! I just love it <3 wiih

Best answers
:D Yea all of skandinavia knows this anima in the cut version. It's only recently that hte uncut became available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom