n00b question.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this is gonna sound n00bish and a lot of you will laugh your asses off at me, but I gotta ask: When a model is edited, does it lose its animations? :rolleyes:

EDIT: wtf ass isn't censored anymore? l33t!

Best answers
If you edit a model by adding only one single vertex or remove one from the moment when the model was attached to the biped, the vertex asign link connection will be unrecognised so the rige will be destroyed, the model animation will not work without a vertex connection btw the holder (the biped, bones) and model.

You can't lose a animation as time you have a backup at it and can load it later.

hope this will answer your question

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can edit an model anyhow you want, if you dont add or (delete) something there shouldnt be a problem at all. (Means you can edit the texture,change the structur/statue)

if you add something be sure that it matchs the skeleton and the bones will be assigned to the vertices of the new added stuff.
If you delete something, be sure you reassign the area where you have deleted something, it may give you some compiling errors if you dont.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then it wont lose its animations, you can easily change the texture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom