N00b Modeler

Best answers
I recently started modeling with lightwave 8.0 and i have plugins, the only thing i need is help giving texture to the model i have the model itself but it has no texture. were and how do i get textures? i have photoshop and am happy to make them, can someone please just help me a bit or post a tut, thanks peace :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
press "q" that will bring up the change surface menu, type in any name you want, choose a color, and click smoothing if you want. After that go to the Surface Editor (should be up in the top left of your screen) click the T to the right of Color (MAKE SURE that you have the proper surface you JUST made selected, not the default one!!!). After that change your projection to whatever you want, which will probably be UV, then change your UV to which everone you want it to be, then add the image.....Hope that answers the Q

Best answers
thanks, and if i make a texture in photoshop, what should i save the file as?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
you can just use the psd acctually or jpg....and i'm almost positive TGA works (it shows in modeler but I think it doesn't show when you render it in lightwave for some reason =\), just no gif's, I know that much, not tooo sure on the other file extensions. IF you are looking for some more information about LW, I posted a Tut at the top of this forum, it's a Sticky, and if you have any further questions, it would probably be best to throw them in there.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
yea, you will have to find a plugin for that

Best answers
Eclipse said:
yea, you will have to find a plugin for that
I just made a model with all its smd's and all its hitpoints and its qc file and i have everything, i just need something to compile it into 1 .mdl file, were can i find this?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I'm sorry i cannot answer this for you, I do not know, I think the program Milkshape3D might? There might be a plug-in for LW that might? I sadly have no idea, as I have never gotten a model in HL before :-\

Best answers
whatever plugin it has
if its in the smd and qc format Milkshape can get it right!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think that theres a compiler on the valve hammer site in the "other utilities" section...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm my Compiling:
I got discovery version so u have to select every layer and export every layer in 3ds... after this.. u start Ms3d (milkshape) and import every 3ds exported thing from ur model... after this u bettere save the model in ms3d file.. then u can do else to export it into mdl!

EDIT: Mikshape>tool>half-life> compile model ...select the qc and then itll start automaticly ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom