My xbox 360 broke!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bleh... i was just playing chromehounds and then the screen went black and my controller started vibrating...

now the 3 red lights came on...

i followed the microsoft steps and it started... but then the lights came back on again

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'll probobly end up fixing it, then getting what money i can... and getting a PS3...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You may have us confused with MS Tech Support... see, this is just a forum. We aren't qualified enough to tell you you're console is ****ed.

Do they have a blue screen of death, or does it just have three lame little lights?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the screen is black, and theres 3 red lights on it.

dunno just felt like ranting and seeing what other people did.

i know its an all too common problem...

Best answers
Best way to fix a 360 is to hit it with a hammer, trust me it works, that sucks tho lol.

Best answers
CALL ms support. the three red lights is an indication that its heavliy overheated or has a hardware problem. usually, MS will send you a new one free of charge if you CALL them about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, they also save your HDD if you have to send it in.

You must have a launch one; no others seem to have that problem unless they get legitimately damaged.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lawl, what I wanna know is if it is a launch one or not- which still is no excuse. Well I guess that's what you get buying a Microsoft product. I only hope you weren't naive enough to think this wouldn't happen.

But yeah, complain- and get 3 more.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, that problem with the launch 360s was caused by a manufacturing plant, not Microsoft themselves. But I wouldn't expect anyone on this board to know or care about that, though...

I know that it might not occur to you, Warren, but it is also possible that he actually broke it. It could have overheated, it could have been near something magnetic (I know a dude who put his near his subwoofer and ruined it in like 3 days). It requires a good amount of space around it for ventilation and all that stuff, so putting it in an enclosed space with **** on top of it, etc. can cause it to overheat too.

BTW, thanks for your constructive response. :0\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think it overheated but it could of been in a better spot, its horizontal, under my tv, not UNDER my tv but the shelve under it, nothings on it, i have a little fan i bought from walmart blowing on it

but bleh, maybe it did, w/e, i guess its good either way...

if i get it fixed i can play chromehounds, if i dont i'll trade it in for whatever cash i can with my games and get a ps3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wheres_warren said:
Lawl, what I wanna know is if it is a launch one or not- which still is no excuse. Well I guess that's what you get buying a Microsoft product. I only hope you weren't naive enough to think this wouldn't happen.

But yeah, complain- and get 3 more.
hay nintendo fanboy. we have more nintendo DS returns than any other games console we sell.

stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

no, as pride said, albeit more politely. everyone here needs to lighten up with the console wars, and console bashing.

microsoft have released some trash, but the 360 isnt one of those products, its hard wearing to the max (ive dropped one down a flight of stairs and it still powered up), and can survive a lot of manual tinkering as well. not to mention, if you know how to do it, you can do endless things with it.

ZeroNightmare, my advice to you, is to contact microsoft Tech support, if your 360 is under a year old (should be), then your within your rights to ask them to come out and take it for repair. 9/10 they will simply swap the unit over for you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sent them an email.

yeah dude... i bought a ds, as soon as i got home and powered it up and turned it on it had a stupid sound problem and made a very high pitched EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and staticcy sound.

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
i sent them an email.

yeah dude... i bought a ds, as soon as i got home and powered it up and turned it on it had a stupid sound problem and made a very high pitched EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and staticcy sound.
Was it a DS Lite? I have the regular one and i even dropped it in water and it still works fine. It's 2 years old. And for the DS make sure the games in all the way if its a gba game and if that doesnt work hit the DS.

As for the 360... that sucks. Which is why I dont buy xbox or the 360. And just like the PS2 I'm betting that the PS3 will get ****ed up too. Which is why I'm getting a Wii because even N64 works and its really old so does my GC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sure the 64 works... but the games dont! lol

</3 killer instinct :(

Best answers
ZeroNightmare said:
sure the 64 works... but the games dont! lol

</3 killer instinct :(
Blowing FTL, yah i've heard good things about how much damage the 360 can take and that you can just get a new one from microsoft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom