💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I am finishing up a map and I compile it so see what it looks like in game... I see it, then want to get out to make some changes. I close the Run window then WorldCraft goes :no:. I try going back in and MS XP says it has an error or "inconvenience" as they put it with my WorldCraft. So I restart my comp and try going in... no luck. Reinstalling it and going in... nope still not working. I reinstall, restart then install... guess what, it didn't work! So one last time I uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, restarted, then I went in... You guessed it, still not working. Anyways on a good note my map is still there and I can open it on my downstairs computer but it is slow and so hard to do anything on it :(. If you have the answer to my question PLEASE I REPEAT PLEASE tell me.

Best answers
OMG

just do it on the downstaries slow computer and there might be a difference in the os system

Best answers
xp usualy ****s up worldcraft, i dont get the same error as you, but i get opengl crap. Try running the program compatability wizard, under the accessories tab, and set worldcraft to run on an earlier version of windows, or any other config that works okay.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
AFter doing that windows doesn't say anything but WorldCraft doesn't even start. You double click on the icon and it does nothing.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got XP. I don't have this problem, but I have the OpenGL stuff B0Bmaster40000 said, when you close it says stuff about OpenGL shutdown failed or something like that.
Anyways, I have never encountered this problem, so I would suggest e-mailing valve-erc. Hopefully they can help more than I can.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have that OpenGL proplem too... and I guess I could try emailing them. This is so freakin annoying... I reinstalled it about 100 times :cry:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i heared about alot of people having that "opengl shutdown failed" problem, but i dont really care about that. its like nothing bad happens. no problems with other applications after having that error and stuff ....
but your error... hmm ... i cant imagine from what the error comes... i would try to install other/newer graphic card drivers... maybe that solves your problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am giving a picture of what it shows and if you need me to go further (you will see what I mean) with the dialogue box I will post more pictures. Go to my site and under news the first heading gives you a link. Get my site in my signature. This is really annoying so please if you can help do so.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't care about the links cause I got it to work. I just went back in time with XP and it worked :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom