My third map, featuring islands!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First, please keep in mind that this is my third map, and my first two weren't very good. Moving right along, I spent the past two days or so working on this. It doesn't have a name yet and I'm not sure if I'll release it.

With water

Without Water

Still need to add cliffs to the two areas with floating land. Trees need to be added and the island terrain needs to be fleshed out a bit. Also am thinking of adding in an underwater cave area.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Map is basically finished. I never bothered with adding an underwater cave, but I did finish everything else.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Nice man...i hope to see more.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, looking great man! Keep it up. <3

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Awesome map Sub! How many hours did you put into that bad boy?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really sure. I want to say 8 or 10 hours, but that could be way off. Going to start another one tonight which will hopefully turn out better than this one

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ooo tonight? make me maps, i wan map esf scouter beam cannon exploding bridges PLEASE!!!

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone have any idea why adding water would kill my FPS? Doesn't appear to be a hardware issue (ie: my computer can't handle it), I'm pretty sure it's something I did wrong. The first time I added water my FPS was fine, I deleted it and readded it a bit later and now a huge fps drop occurs.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
maybe its clipping through teh sky box or you have not one brush for water brush?

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im clueless about your issue on water FPS, but I think if you put more time into your map, you could make it much much better. Like you said, a simple map with two islands, try adding a few mountains here and there, maybe a land mass on the side as if your fighting over the ocean but next to land or something.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im clueless about your issue on water FPS, but I think if you put more time into your map, you could make it much much better. Like you said, a simple map with two islands, try adding a few mountains here and there, maybe a land mass on the side as if your fighting over the ocean but next to land or something.
Thanks for the advice/ideas. Next map I'll definitely put more time into, but I think I'm done with this one seeing as how I can't seem to figure out how to fix the fps issue with water.

Final Pic - http://i.imgur.com/KCXBz.jpg

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's awesome! Though, I don't like that hill at the far end of the map. About the fps drop, you might have some brush in the sky box or have some other brushes into other brushes... I get low FPS a lot when I put a brush in another brush >.<

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its the water texture. The game is animating it.

Replace the texture with a monotone one and scale it up. ATM all you can do to get better FPS would be to scale up the water texture to 4 or something.

Also is it just me or do i see a ****load of brushes just abbove the text on the left, on the cliff sticking out of the watter.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, thanks I'll try that.

Also, where do you see a ****load of brushes? I didn't use very many brushes at all. The r_speed is like 600-800 max. I think it's the texture making it look like there are more brushes then there are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom