My suggestion to prevent beam-spamming

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok, I have that idea in mind for a long time, and I post it now because i don't usually speak english :p

How beamers do beam spam ? They charge a big kameha or buu blast, release it and make it explode in the center of the map, and often without hitting the ground.

But beamers with Big Bang Attack, or Finishing Buster aren't really common, because they must hit a target to kill one guy.

So, I suggest that beams like Kameha, Final Flash, Masenko, burning attack, buu blast and others can't be exploded without hitting something.

So the beamer can't move after firing, and must hit something before dodging the counter attack of a melee fighter. And others players can dodge the attack faster than before, because the beam must hit the ground before exploding.

I don't know if that idea was already posted, but I don't finded them here. ^^

PS : sorry for my bad english, I speak french usually :p

Best answers
Its already been said before that the reason spamming is so bad is because of how big the explosion radius' get when your PL is higher then everyone elses. So expect that to be changed in 1.3. Although from your point of view i can kinda see how that would sorta stop spamming. Besides in the series i have never once seen any Z character self detonate any of their biggest blasts. Not once. :scared:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your english isn't that bad, I understand you fine ^^

Anyways, for the idea, well what you're suggesting is that the alt-fire gets taken away while firing a beam, so that it just explodes in mid-air, sorry, it might help a bit of spamming, but I use it quite alot, lol and it can be useful without spamming it, so I guess I say no to this.

A reason is that say now you're busy firing a beam, then you see someone flying towards you, but you're still firing, then you can just right click and tele away or something, if your idea gets implemented that won't be possible, so then it's a major disadvantage to beam user.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
~Dark Trunks~ said:
Its already been said before that the reason spamming is so bad is because of how big the explosion radius' get when your PL is higher then everyone elses.
True, but minder characters would be hitted if the beam hit the ground and not in mid-air. And more time for players to run away. ^^

donnierisk said:
A reason is that say now you're busy firing a beam, then you see someone flying towards you, but you're still firing, then you can just right click and tele away or something, if your idea gets implemented that won't be possible, so then it's a major disadvantage to beam user.
And so less people would use beam, and beam spam would be really difficult.

For the moment, the beam spammer shot a beam, kill 3 fighters, and is happy.
The 3 fighters who were fighting haven't saw the beam and are very angry, and they can't do anything vs the spammer.

If the beamer is attacked during the beam, he exploded it, and run away. He kill only one guys (or nobody). Then he do it again and maybe kill 3 fighters. And the beamer is always happy, he kill a lot and others can't kill him easily.

But, if he can't move during the beam, he would'nt be really happy :p. He can run away again and retry the beam, a melee fighter would attack him again, and so he would do less beam, because he can't kill a lot of people easily.

That's how i see the things. ^^

Your english isn't that bad, I understand you fine ^^

Best answers
I have a better plan. The alt click can be used to let go of the beam. And then the beam can go and hit the wall or sumthing.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Didn't change anything. U can make him explode by changing weapon too. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom