💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I'm still trying to get it ingame.....any help on that? How do I save it and stuff (3dsmax's being a b*tch.....) Also, what's the deal with the animations, if I edit the model but don't touch the anims, the anims stay the same right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey can you tell me how did you import in 3DSMAX? btw nice edit.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i... think thats way too many polies...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegetto91 said:
Hey can you tell me how did you import in 3DSMAX? btw nice edit.
uuuuum....decompile the model first, then import the smd in milkshape. export it as autodesk 3ds, and now you can import it in 3dsmax

EDIT: Don't care much about the polys, my comp can handle it anyway

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how many is it? its not ur comp im worried about, its HL

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol I have no idea......how can I check?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thnx, btw I forgot to tell that he has gloves on too, you can only see his thumb and fingers

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its made from smos goku, it worked ingame just fine, and he didnt add much, it may look high poly cuz of 3dsm's renderer, it does a good job of making models look alot better then they really are, (i use it sometimes)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can I actually get it ingame (all the different file types confuse me)?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, its nice, but the wings are not very well proportioned, the segments of the wings need to be actually welded on, the ball should really be a spike, and same with the ends of the wings too ^_^

Best answers
nice skin but the wings do need work.
if you edit the model (by adding wings) you would at least need to associated the new vertecies to an available bone, but if you wanted them to flap you would need to redo all the animations.

3dsm renderer is good, but its less useful from a critical point of view, flat shading and plain lighting makes it easier to see the underlying structure of the model. just makes it easier to see what problems there are.

try rebuilding the wings using a clyinder with fewer sides, 3-4. it will keep the polys down better and make it look better. try to use as few stacks as you can to define a curve. i did some a while ago that might give you some ideas. http://miracleasd.bravepages.com/maxaero.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom