My sisters new mac.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Hey. My sister just got an apple, and I have a few questions for apple users (because I don't use them).

But, how do I find out the specs of the computer?

Also, even though my Mom paid for this computer, the school still 'owns' it, which I personally find retarded. Jill, my sister, doesn't even have administrator access. So, and I don't know the admin password. I know how to change an admin pw on a PC, but have no idea how to do it on an apple. Does anyone know how to change it, or a way to get around it? I personally think she should have the freedom to do what she wants on a laptop my Mom paid for.

EDIT:

K, so i made my sister admin. That was easy. Anyway, I'm just curious, is there a way to get the computer back to the way it was? You know, in case I did something bad lol. I know mac's don't have a system restore type feature, but I also don't know if there is a way to make the computer back to the way it was. This computer didn't come with a manual or a cd or anything, just a power cable, and a bag.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't know how to change what you did back, but if you want the specs click the apple in the top left corner click "about this mac" and then click "more info."

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Don't know how to change what you did back, but if you want the specs click the apple in the top left corner click "about this mac" and then click "more info."
I couldn't. There are 2 accounts on the computer. Admin, and my sisters. Obviously we can't get into the admin account, because we don't know the password. And Jill's account won't let her view the computer specs.

Also, I'd rather her get a PC, however, the school will only let her bring this laptop they hand out, which happens to be apple.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't Macs have a...Time Machine, or what was it called...Time Capsule or something. I thought that was a program to reverse any mistakes you made. Or am I wrong?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Learn how to change or reset an account password in Mac OS X, including the original administrator account password. You might need to do this, for example, when someone has lost or forgotten his or her account password.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1274

If that doesn't work, might be a good idea to get access somehow on the admin account, by EG searching on google.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, here's what happened. And well, it's kinda out of my hands now.

The computers are set up so that there are 3 accounts, an admin account, which the kids don't have access to. Then their account, which they DO have limited access to. And a guest account.

I couldn't do a lot of stuff on my sisters account, and couldn't gain access to the admin. So i restart the computer, and when the computer chimed I pressed the apple button and S together, and it booted up via what looked like Command Promt.

I typed in these commands:
mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now

The computer shut down, i booted it back up, made a new admin account for my sister.

Apparently, it broke the school's system lmao. The principal was super pissed.

Some guy has my sisters computer and is "fixing" it.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yet again This must come up.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As the Mac market share continues to grow, you're going to start seeing viruses targeting Macs

Best answers
As the Mac market share continues to grow, you're going to start seeing viruses targeting Macs
True, and Apple's false advertising campagin will be picked apart.

Never have I seen a less honest company that tries to lie to users through mass media with false adcertising... But for the smarter part of the human race, we aren't so easily brain washed to buy their junk.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True, and Apple's false advertising campagin will be picked apart.

Never have I seen a less honest company that tries to lie to users through mass media with false adcertising... But for the smarter part of the human race, we aren't so easily brain washed to buy their junk.
I have a Mac and I am in love with it <3. PCs are inferior like the way they portray it in the commercials, but they are still great to use.

Did they make your mom pay the full price? Is it like a renting thing? If not, it is stupid that they would make her pay to use a limited system.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't Macs have a...Time Machine, or what was it called...Time Capsule or something. I thought that was a program to reverse any mistakes you made. Or am I wrong?
Time machine is just a backup program, it backs up your computer every hour or so and you can access any of those backups in a really cool looking, flying through space type interface.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm your sister's new mac... daddy... That is all, please continue.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I have a Mac and I am in love with it <3. PCs are inferior like the way they portray it in the commercials, but they are still great to use.

Did they make your mom pay the full price? Is it like a renting thing? If not, it is stupid that they would make her pay to use a limited system.
That's what I said! And yes, my mom paid for it. I think it was 1,200 dollars? Something like that.

Lol at Deman. She's 15, so have fun with that :O!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom