My sig ;-)

Best answers
hey!
i just started making sigs and stuff...

i would like to have some ciritics about my sig... i know it's not the best, but if i don't get told, what to do better, i will never be good in doing stuff like that ;-)

most problems i have, is with backgrounds (as you see)
so, if somebody knows some nice tutorials or something to learn a lillte bit, it would be great.. or just normal tipps will help me aswell ;-)

greetz stefan-san

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, since it's your first, I'll try to give as constructive crits as possible, but I see a lot that can be improved, so please don't think I'm flaming you. ^_^;

Okay, so, first of all, the font you used is hard to read. I had to read it twice to realize what it says. Also, it's too big. It takes up too much space.

Secondly, the images you used aren't bad, but you didn't use them well enough. In the left, you've got SSJ4 Gogeta in the background, and again in the far right. They don't really add much to the sig, plus they aren't clear enough to really admire them enough. The Goku image is covered for a large part by the font, so that doesn't work very well either.

The background is bland. From what I can tell, it's just a white sheet with some lighting effects dumped on it. The blue.. things make everything look like a mess, and they don't mix in with the background, plus they don't really match any of the images you used. They do match the font a little, but as I said, the font isn't really that useful on a sig.

When making a sig, it's important to think what kind of style you want. Take a look at my sig: it uses some art one of my friends made me, and it's got a simple, sleek, dark theme with crimson in it. The sidebar has some brushes in the background, and, overall, the colors match both that of the image, and the rest of the sig. Signatures should be a combination of many things that match together well to create a sense of harmony.

I hope this helped a bit. ^_^;

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Making sigs, for me, has always been about experimenting. The best way to improve in sigs is to try everything at least once.

When I look at your sig, I see a lot of skills waiting to be unleashed. You have natural artistic touch, you just need to concentrate it into a specific style.

Your sig really looks more like a header for a site, instead of a sig, which is where you need to really start.

Try to differentiate between what is a header for a website and what is a sig.

Best answers
hey! i made a sig for another forum...

what do you think about this

I know.. it's not the best, but i would like to read some constructive critics, 'cause i'm a noob in doing stuff like that and I want to become better ;-)

greetz stefan-san

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the new one a lot better. Now you've got one image that's much more functional and much clearer, you've got a decent, interesting background, and the font is a lot easier to read. I have my doubts about the blue+green color combo, but all in all, it's pretty easy on the eyes. The spotlight effects make it look kind of unprofessional, though. All in all, a much better sig than your last, IMO. :3 Oh yeah, one more thing. I think a 1 pixel black border around the entire sig would look good.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The lighting effects could be tweaked, and try to add some kind of border.

Are you using PSP or Photoshop?

Best answers
i use photoshop..

and i did something new again..... with trying to use your tips:
what do you think about this one?!

i added a border on this one and made goku luminant (don't know if the effect is called like that in the english version aswell)

thanks for your tips..... and give me more! ;-)

greetz stefan-san

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The color scheme is decent, and I like the text animation, just work on the image quality.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would change the background, maybe the other way around, the white should be blue and the blue white, ya know?

I think it would be better then, allthough that's just a choice of preference, heh.

And try to cut out the character you use, or picture a little bit better.

But it looks like a decent sig allready! keep on going ;o

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the color of goku ;_;

The background is alright, I guess. I suggest downloading brushes from http://deviantart.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom