My sig - Critz plz

Best answers
Alright.. took me bout 2 seconds... does the color suit it.. do i need a border? what should i add or take away..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't make out images well, font doesn't fit, bg is ugly pixelated like that.

Best answers
I agree with Gaara, the font does not fit.
I personally don't like that sig at all, the images are to unclear with the pixelated efect and i dont like the color of it either, you should try to make the images clearer.
Also you could try a border using a darker color that the one you have in the background maybe :smile:

Best answers
Alright.. i made pictures more easy to see. (deal with the pixilatedness.. i like it lol)

And i made the border darker, changed the font as well..

If the font doesnt fit ... suggest one cuz i dont know fonts...

heres some more colors

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well it's not easy to suggest fonts, 'cause there are a lot to remember =/, well, bg is still horrible, and the back pic is too hard to make out still, oh and, they're all one color that doesn't work what so ever, maybe have to pics above the bg and blend the back one better. =/

Best answers
"maybe have to pics above the bg and blend the back one better. =/"

What do you mean?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well imo it looks pretty decent.... try making the boarder black

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im a fan of the yellow, im pretty sure noone else on the forums has a yellow sig....

one more suggestion: on the pixelated layer, try doing a find edges (i think that is the filter) once or twice

Best answers
(somewhat off-topic) gaara-kun and sakuma, considering that you are both relatively new at making sigs, you guys go off on everyone's stuff, telling them that it is horrible. If he likes that style, then let him be, crits doesnt mean tell him to change it so you like it, and it suits your style. Just tell him if there are any things that really stick out that he could improve like low quality pics or something.

now that I am done with that, its a pretty nice sig, try making a black border around the outside edge tho, that will make it look a bit sharper. Keep up the good work

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go off? You're kidding yourself.

You're right, I am new to sigs too, but I don't go off on other people's **** to conpensate for my sigs. I was giving my C&C he can take it or leave it, I realize it's his sig but I'm just giving my opinion on how he can make it better, if he doesn't like it, then don't listen to my C&C, simple as that.

Best answers
Lol I tried the find edges thing.. after that I couldnt even see the pics

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
opensource said:
and that was sugar coated?
No, what do you want me to say, I'm sorry but, you know, I know you really tried, and I'm REALLY sorry that I have to say this, but I don't like this part this part and this part.... Sorry, not worth that much time. if you want to "Sugar coat" every time you give C&C go ahead.

Best answers
I was actually being sarcastic, but dont worry about it. No use in fighting, especially in someone else's thread

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, correct.

I'd hate to sound cliche but...

Son Gohan, keep trying dude, experiment with different bg styles and blending and stock enhancement. And eventually your sigs will grow in complexity.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gaara-Kun said:
Eh, correct.

I'd hate to sound cliche but...

Son Gohan, keep trying dude, experiment with different bg styles and blending and stock enhancement. And eventually your sigs will grow in complexity.
this is coming from someone who's sigs contain all of 2 layers... one bg layer and one picture layer :rolleyes:

anyhoooooo: k i have a plan for the sig: if you have the images on a seperate layer from the pixalated laayer... good, if not, dont bother reading this....

I realized that it wasnt edge find that u needed to do, it was sharpen...

now copy the image layer.... do the pixelate thing on the top image layer, then run sharpen a few times,.. now... mess around with some opacities and layer blending types, and you should come out with something looking real PEEEERRRRTY

EDIT: if you are using the mosaic to pixelate it (which i presume u are), try making the pixels a little bigger

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look at the sigs I'm using, if you think those are two layers then you clearly don't know what you're talking about. I don't know if you realize this but this thread is not about me so lay off.

Best answers
Im tryin.. im pretty good artist.. i wanna be a pro :D im gettin there i think... ive improved alot over the past month

Best answers
You're on your way mate, no doubt about that. As someone said earlier, the yellow is original (I think Hash's is yellow if I remember right), but it's nice to see someone standing out from the crowd. The pixelation looks quite nice but the squares could do with being a bit bigger. Stock Enhancement would look fab on the SSJ Goku, if you're not aware of what it is;

- Duplicate the original Goku layer and apply a gaussian blur, but don't blur it so much you can't make out his facial features.
- Set this new, blurred layer on an easy-on-the-eyes blending filter, such as overlay (works sometimes) or soft light.

If you do that the SSJ Goku will 'glow' and take out the 2D feel of your sig. It's a nice try, just give stock enhancement a go and see how it turns out :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom