My second model (WiP)

Best answers

finished the model

---------- Double Post below was added at 12:55 AM has been merged with this post created Yesterday at 11:13 PM ----------

comments r welcome guys..

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We still need to see proper renders for C&C though. Thats all rounded and whatnot. Can't see a single poly.

Super Saiyan Dabura
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like you sub divided it at some point making it super smooth, try working with low poly as Doormat suggested

Best answers
yes i did it a few times but for my second model i really didn't look at the polycount all i wanted for my second model was to be able to model it smooth and a badass lookin character for later to learn how to animate him in kung fu style

We still need to see proper renders for C&C though. Thats all rounded and whatnot. Can't see a single poly.
i'm sorry i don't know what c&c means is it maybe another word for wireframe?

Last edited:
Best answers
you should really try staying away from high poly for ur 2nd ever model, stick to low poly and learn the standards of modelling i.e. poly flow, topology ect. You can learn rigging and animation anytime you want without having to make a model.

If you want a pre-rigged model to use to get the hang of animation in max go here: http://www.11secondclub.com/resources/ if your using Max try to stick to Max and LowMax as its the best one out of the rigs.

Remember learn the basics before you rush ahead otherwise you will become lazy and pickup bad habbits that will effect your work later and can lead to two things of A) Redoing a lot of it and spending more time fixing it then remaking it, B) become burned out on the model and just dropping it.

The best suggestion I can give to starting modellers is try to model simple things and so you get to grips with everything first like a Cup and so on then If you really keen on character modelling then try to keep ur first ones farily simple and dont overload yourself otherwise you will get stressed and that can lead to putting you off modelling altogeather.

Sorry about the wall of text.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you ARE going to work on high poly, then here's how i go about it:

first thing you need to do is block out all the big forms and shapes. get your proportions right, and look at the silouhette. this is the outline of your model, no details are even thought about yet, let alone finalised. this is honestly the most fun part of the model, because whether you have a concept to follow or not you can still pretty much go nuts and make any shapes you want.

Here is where i start to tidy up, still nothing more than big forms, no real detail.

here is where the detail starts to come in.

tightening up the bigger details

starting the finer details.

finishing the finer details.

remember, at every stage of subdivision you should be getting the most out of every polygon and vertex to define something.

Best answers
thx alot guys!! that really is usefull information for starters!!
it sure opened my eyes how much poly's i wasted!
there is so much i still need to learn and keep in mind..
that is an amazing centaur!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom