My radio station is provoking me >.<

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ohio state fair is coming and my radio station is going to have some of their people there to take part in Halo 2 and Battlefield in a tournament tent there (as well as show off unreleased games). Fine and dandy, but then they say this...

"You'll have a chance to go up against Zios (sp?), the highest ranking Halo 2 player in the world!"

"Man if you can't beat us, you can't beat Zios!"

yeah...its that kind of arrogance that makes me wish I played Halo 2 enough to go over there and shut them up.

ARG!

Just wait...when Smash Bros. Revolution comes out, you'll all fear the name "Kagato"

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And the moral of the story is... ? (aka what point are you trying to get across with this topic)

Best answers
I think i know what hes getting at. Kinda like when i was in school years ago and people where playing Street Fighter on an SNES. They where like "Dude, Gabriel your so Unbeatable!" and where like "Who wants to challange Gabriel?!", "How about you (me)","Are you kidding? he sucks. Go away wimp, you cant play this game.".

So yeah... I hate people like that.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
UBLAAAAAAAAAH!

um, i don't understand what's going on here. just get better at the game and beat em?

Best answers
I don't have anything to say much on the matter myself, because when im the best at something, i become arrogant as well, but it dosen't last long at all because eventually, someone will always come along and beat me or it could be that same person im bragging at and that person would probally become even more arrogant then me and i don't sweat it at all, i just see it as being really competive and it drives me to try harder at whatever were competing at to change the tables on that individual and earn my bragging rights.

Some people will just get to the point where they don't like to hang around you if your entirely too arrogant though all day every day about everything, because it makes them feel inferior, but whatever. I don't see anything wrong with arrogance myself. If it's not hurting you physically, or if it isn't insulting anyone in your family then just suck it up, if you don't like that individual's arrogance, then it's simple, stay away from him or her. Also, there's no way you"ll ever own me in the new super smash bros when it's released logan, that's for sure and i won't fear you at any point. :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just think of all the chicks that guy gets, being the worlds greatest Halo player.

Feel better now?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mainstream video games are awesome, huh? >_o

They always talk about him on Half-Life Radio, and they've had him on before. He personally isn't stuck-up or arrogant about it, if that helps.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DragonDude said:
Mainstream video games are awesome, huh? >_o

They always talk about him on Half-Life Radio, and they've had him on before. He personally isn't stuck-up or arrogant about it, if that helps.
I hope he isn't.

A true warrior neither cries not gloats. He doesn't whine when he loses and doesn't brag when he wins. Victory means nothing; the fight is everything.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shiyo said:
Victory means nothing; the fight is everything.
Sprite.

I think you should enter in for it anyway, Radio DJ's are all talk, the probably don't play it either :S

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Say what now?
He's referring to the slogan of Sprite, which if I remember correctly, is "Image is nothing, taste is everything" or some such gibberish.
---------
You should make a pirate radio station broadcasting about how lame he is, because that would totally show everyone how witty and vengeful you can be.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well after looking up this guy, I found that the new Halo 2 champ is actually King Tuur now. Crowned champ on July 13th.

I really don't know though. Every time that commercial comes on saying that they'll be playing Halo 2 at the fair and that Zios is the best there is and that he and the radio station guys are gonna "pwn everyone" just...well...angers me.

Whatever happened to modesty?

Anyway I'll be stopping by there anyway just to see what new, unreleased games they have on display. if they have Kingdom Hearts 2, well...I'll probably stay there a good while.

((now that I think about it...could this be better in the gaming section? Its more about arrogance and modesty than games...so I dunno))

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Logan289 said:
It went into a coma when chivalry died, and the Internet pulled the plug.

It's funny when games go mainstream. Bragging and arrogance is always in game communities; wherever the game goes, they go.

I wouldn't be suprised if 200 years from now, "newb" is part of the English language. Noah Webster will promptly roll over in his grave.

Best answers
I really don't know though. Every time that commercial comes on saying that they'll be playing Halo 2 at the fair and that Zios is the best there is and that he and the radio station guys are gonna "pwn everyone" just...well...angers me.

It's just to build up some hype, and get more people involved. The more they wind people like you up, the more people are going to want to challenge him. I doubt the guy himself is that arrogant. Whenever I meet really good players online, they're usually pretty cool people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom