My ps2 memory card is acting up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wtf! i was sitting there ready to play DDR, and it asks me if i wanna start a new file. i check if my memory card is there and its there, so i play a little and i decide to check it out. i goto memory card:

"Would you like to format your memory card?"

i have a choice of Format or Unformatted (meaning i cant do anything) and im not about to lose my best file of FF7, DMC, and all my other games. WHAT CAN I DO?! PLEASE HELP!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have ff7 saved on a ps2 memory card?

Best answers
You can save PS1 games on your PS2 memory card, you just can't use PS1 memory cards on the PS2.

About your card, not really sure what to do. I've had a lot of problems with memory cards in the past, mostly 3rd party ones. Try doing a Google search on it. Try some other games with it, switch it to the second slot, or try it on a different PS2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
fair nuff bout the save....just never tried to before lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if a card is doing on all systems that then its dieing and there really isnt anything u can do to fix it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for future reference, i found out. ill make a thread about it to warn fellow ESFer's

Best answers
Kaination said:
for future reference, i found out. ill make a thread about it to warn fellow ESFer's
actually i know the problem, you or some1 in ur household (if anyone else) may have cut off the ps2 while saving a DDR game or other game, turning off ur system before a game is saved is a big no no, it can cause TONS of problems

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Tassadar said:
You can save PS1 games on your PS2 memory card, you just can't use PS1 memory cards on the PS2.
Yes you can, I play FF VII on my PS2 and I use a PS1 Memory Card.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This thread was initially about his memory card being wiped. He found the problem and made a thread for it. Turned out it was a demo from the December underground disc that caused any memory cards plugged in to the system to be wiped.

- Closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom