My pc freezes when watching a video

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
Ohh.. my aunt knows everything about computers, she works with computers and that kind of stuff.. ill ask her.. and i think its the cooling fan, b'cause i tried turning all the programs off but it still freezes :p

Best answers
makes me wonder what his other specs are...

intel pentium II 350MHz *lol*

can you post everything you know about your pc? (brand too)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thought it was likely to be one of his fans (most likely the gfx card fan I would say, unless there's a passive heatsink on his gfx card).

Best answers
It probably is, if he shut off all of the programs running in the background and it still freezes then it is probably a heating issue.

I have a question for Jugo though...
Jugo - does the computer freeze when your playing games?

Sound Artist
Best answers
Updating your video card drivers is a good thing, you might also want to update your chipset drivers as well.

It may also be that you've downloaded and installed certain codecs that are crashing the program, are all movies causing it to freeze? Just windows media player? Did you try using quicktime or Divx player? A virus scan wouldn't hurt either.

Best answers
I tried every player i have.. and my pc sometimes restarts by itself when i play games :/

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FreeDoM said:
Download this, http://hcidesign.com/memtest/MemTest.zip Run it for a little bit, (the longer the better) Tell me if you get any errors.
That one utility found errors on my 512mb ddr333 generic stick a while back :( (It's in my brother's pc though, I use a geil ddr400 stick now). I say you open up your pc and take a little peak and see if it really is getting dusty, and if so, clean the fans and the case out of visible dust with some toilet paper (that's what i did with my old fx5200 stock fan/heatsink).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom