My own Problemthread...

Best answers
I have (had) a lot of problems with esf......

I wrote them down in the Newbie central, in my thread I have..

But because I still have new problems from time to time, I open a new thread where I can write down aaaaaaall of my problems... And hope you can help me, like you have even helped me with older problems...

Here is the next one!

I often (very often) get a error message: connection problem
if I want to connect again (at another server) esf will shut down...
Could anybody tell me why? And what I can do against it...

here is a screenshot of the error message:
click here

thanks for helping me......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That error might mean several things.

1) The server shut down suddenly.
2) Your internet connection closed.

If it's happening often, I think your connection might be the problem.

What internet connection do you have?

Best answers
i have dsl1000

i thought about it, too.. but i looked at my dsl modem when it happend once, and the led's for connection were green.....

that's strange...

maybe it's just because of my bad pc.....

i have the problem, that the game shuts down without the connection problem before, too (sometimes after a couple of time playing)
(i thought i wouldn't still have it, cause it didn't happen for a time.. but it just happend again a minute ago... (without the connection error thing...)

I was just surfing through the forum and read anything about evm.... don't know what that is... (any mod or something?!) could it be possible, that i need to download something? I have normal esf 1.2.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EVM is a modification for ESF (a mod for a mod, silly huh?), and you do not need EVM to play ESF.

EVM is pretty bad, actually. I don't recommend trying it. The mod is really unbalanced.

Anyway.. I don't know if your PC could cause the connection error, but if your game shuts down sometimes, that can happen because of several reasons:

1) Your PC is old or you have a lot of crap on it, causing it to run badly. Maintenance is important.
2) ESF isn't perfect. It does crash sometimes. It crashes almost every time you use bots. Sometimes it'll crash quickly, sometimes it'll take longer, but it almost always crashes with bots, I don't know why.

Other than that, I can't really think of anything else right now. Keep in mind that I'm no expert, so there might also be other explanations to your problem.

Best answers
i think it's the addition of:

my bad and old pc AND there is a lot of crap on it... ;)

AND

the game! but it runs.. and if i have to restart the game, there are worse things than that.....

anyway.. thanks for the help.. even if you couldn't give me a real answer to my question... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom