My newest map!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well here's my newest map, I don't have a link yet, there's something wrong with the map, okay well, who of you guys know that ice map made by Dragondude( I think) , well, if you do, then i'm sure you remember that when you walk on the ice, you kinda ski in the direction you walked..okay well, I made the map, and the WHOLE map is like that now, does anyone know how to fix this, or what does a preson do to make it in the first place, so that I can delete/remove that certain thing, please help me!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you're sliding around when you walk anywhere in the map?

If you're curious, the way to simulate that in the map is by a func_friction field. That's what I did in esf_frost. You create a brush over the ground which you want to have a modified friction. You tie that brush to func_friction, and set the Percentage of standard key to a number between 0 and 100. This is the percent of normal friction the player will have within that field. Don't forget, however, to have a field elsewhere with 100% friction set, as friction is stored on the player, and won't be reset when you leave the field of lowered friction.

However, It's unlikely you'll have done that to the entire map (and by accident), so check what I'd first assume to be the problem: the server-side friction setting. Type sv_friction in the console and see what number it displays. The default is 4, and if it's set to lower, you'll be sliding around the entire map as if it were ice.

Also, I noticed in your screenshots that the tree models aren't transparent. Did you remove the transparency from the leaves? o_O

The map doesn't look bad. Looks like you're getting a feel for mapping. =)

Best answers
well, it's looking better now donnie.
keep on trying around with the triangle method!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Looks nice, but you do realise you posted two of the same image link. Right?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is the alpha-mapping on the palmtrees not working ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, ver very sorry for those trees, lol, that's beta 1.2 i'm using with WON, my internet on my pc doesn't work and I don't want to show you guys a software mode pic, oh and thanks dragondude, that really helped, I deleted that brush.

And i'll fix the pics now maybe, i'll edit this post.

I'm finally gewtting used to mapping and experimenting, and I figured out triangle method atlast, I will release my map maybe in a few hours or tomorrow.

EDIT:
Here's the second pic:

Oh and don't worry trees are fixed in-game, just with me like that, lol.

One question to you guys, I made a tournament on the otherside of HUGE wall, is there a way so that the people sit at stands and then 2 people fight, but the people sitting there or just viewing the fight can't get hit/hurt? I hope you understand me, if you don'tthen i'll post pic and explain.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Your mapping is really getting better.

Im going to have to start getting of my ass and map to keep up.

I tested the map and I didnt have that slidey thing. Its gotta be that server side prob.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh, the reason why you never had it is because you never activated it at the certain object!

EDIT:Now that I finally finished the freakin map, when I want to load it, it just stays on the loading screen! I don't know what the problem is.... :(
here's a pic of the screen:

Note: it's from WON, that's how it should look, but it just stays there and never loads finished! :(:)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You realy need the console activated. IT shows what its loading and where it stops. Kinda helps in WON ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, youve been working hard on this one so It should be pretty good.

When you figure that sound thing out msn me please.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Helo again, sorry that I haven't posted for long, but I still have the problems with my trees being pitch black also with a hill, I tried that thing when OI compile to make it bounce, then I set the value of it to 5, but still the same, does anyone have any other advice, because I'm tired of leaving my work unfinished after I put in so much work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Models will be rendered completely black if their centers lie within a brush, even if by a single unit. Check the offending models and see if that's the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom